Chapter 2 (Pic of Kopa)

Chapter 2

Princess Kiara recovered slowly, but she did recover. If she wasn't happy before with not being able to go far from Pride Rock, she was truly peeved now. Neither Kovu nor her father would let her leave Pride Rock alone. Kiara wasn't one to stay put, and everyone in the pride knew that. They all tried to keep her amused, but the princess merely awaited her future cub, ignoring everyone's attempts.

After a few days, everyone stopped trying, all except Vitani, Kovu, and Tama. Kiara wasn't close to Tama, so it surprised her that Tama would even care. It was also, however, awkward.

"Tama..." Vitani began, stepping into Pride Rock. "I'll stay with her. You can, um, you can go ahead. I'm sure Malka wants to spend time with you." Vitani said bitterly towards Tama.

"Thank you Vitani." Tama told her baby sister in a considerably less bitter tone.

The creamy golden pelted lioness pawed out of Pride Rock to find her mate.

"How are you feeling?" Vitani wondered.

"I'm okay. I just don't like being stuck here all day. I feel like I'm absolutely helpless." Kiara sighed, letting her head rest on her front paws.

"I understand how you feel. My moth-" but Vitani stopped. "Zira used to leave me alone while everyone else hunted, telling me I wasn't to leave. She always said I needed to watch Kovu and practice our hunting skills together. I always felt like I was worth nothing." Vitani agreed.

"I just hope my cub is ok..." Kiara whispered.

"I'm sure the Prideland's future heir to the throne will be happy and healthy." Vitani assured.

"What if he doesn't like me?" Kiara whimpered, suddenly concerned. "What if I'm not a good mother?" She added.

"Oh, don't say such things, Kiara. He'll love you. You have to be the best fit to be a mother here, Kiara." Vitani smiled.

"Thank you Vitani." Kiara thanked happily.

A few moments passed with a comfortable silence. Kiara lifted up her head.

"How are the others treating you?" Kiara wondered towards Vitani.

"Instead of mistreating me, they just don't talk to me at all." Vitani sighed. "They think I'm too short tempered." Vitani muttered.

"I tried speaking with them, but I guess I just made it worse." Kiara apologized.

"It's okay. You can't blame yourself for their arrogance." Vitani replied.

The two lionesses laid in silence in the cave as a million things flew around in Kiara's mind.

"How are you and Tama?" Kiara wondered.

"I still think it's farfetched, but it wouldn't be the first time Zira stole a cub from their mother." Vitani sighed.

"What do you mean?" Kiara asked.

"You know Scar isn't Kovu's father right?" Vitani questioned.

"Yes, I did know that."

"He believes Zira is his mother, but she isn't. Zira made Azra, Nuka, and I swear to never tell him." Vitani explained in a whisper.

"Who is his mother?" Kiara curiously asked Vitani.

"Her name was Kula, and his father's name was Chumvi. I am pretty sure Malka knows them. He could tell you more." Vitani said.

"You guys still haven't told him?" Kiara exclaimed.

"No, of course not. He'd never forgive me if I told him something I'd kept from him since the day I met him." Vitani retorted.