Chapter 82:Removing positions

Neda was called to stand in front of the commanders. Fallyn and Vasin had a stern look on their faces, they were clearly in a bad mood from the air surrounding them. Along with the blue marks showing up on their faces.

"You called HQ, and without authorization sent word to activate prototype alarms." Vasin slammed his hands on the table, "You have any idea how many you've endangered!? Those things went on a rampage attacking us, we're lucky they broke formation!"

Fallyn stood up next to him with her hands crossed, "You've endangered over a thousand lives!" She said and walked up to Amite staring her down, "You are removed from your position for a month-"

"Allow me to defend myself," Neda interrupted.

Vasin and Fallyn toned down, sitting back and letting her speak.

Neda took a deep breath, "We were being cornered, and Carisa was in the back. It was a stressful situation, and they just continued to appear. We didn't think she'd be able to make it, so I made the call. I know it was under development... but Carisa is the most important human, we couldn't allow her to die." Neda clenched her fist, "I acted how I believed would be of help. I didn't mean to endangered anyone."

"Get out." Fallyn told her just as she finished, not even letting Vasin speak, "You'll have a punishment in good time."

Neda nodded and turned around walking out of the tent they were in. Neda began to bite her fingertips, as she looked down at the floor. Feeling her hand being tugged at she looked over to see Zareb.

He looked worried about her, "What happened in there?"

"They, they want to remove me from my position... they want to send me away as they did with Marnik." She hugged him and dug her face into his chest, "It's because of the alarm... but it looked to be a dire situation, they should understand."

Zareb nodded, "They haven't made any clear statements yet... and... the other commanders have sent word. Someone in HQ has the training of a commander, they might be soon in line to replace Fallyn." He looked her in the eyes, "I have the feeling they authorized the alarm. If that's the case, then the blame won't be on you, we just need to go back and make sure."

"But Carisa-"

"She's with Vasin and Bavyn, she's got nothing to worry about." He reminded grabbing her hands and looking at a vehicle not far, "So we're going to head out tonight, the group of Alaois from HQ are going back at that time, we'll just say we have a business back there."

Neda slowly nodded her head, her eyes looking past him seeing Carisa and Bavyn walking around.

Carisa smiled holding Bavyn's hand walking to a tent not far, "So you and your dad are staying here a week. Are you excited?"

"Yeah." Bavyn claimed excited in his native tongue, "Will you stay?"

"Sure will." She answered him, kneeling and lifting her in her arms, "Let's meet new people, maybe you can make friends."

Their excitement was cut short as Vasin grabbed her hand spinning her around, "People are in a panic, I'm afraid a visit at this time is ill-advised." He looked at Bavyn, "Go finish your work, Carisa and I need to speak."

When Carisa set him down Bavyn walked off with his head down as Vasin kept his eyes on his for a while. He turned and looked at her, "Was Neda the one to call backup?"

Carisa nodded, and Vasin sighed, "Why did she?"

"Those things were everywhere, we didn't think we'd make it out. We didn't even think we'd make it here when we did." When Vasin raised his hand she quieted down.

"Do you have any idea what that alarm did?" He questioned angry, "Because I sure as hell don't either, we could have made things worse."

Carisa held her head down, "I'm sorry."

"That won't change anything." He grabbed her hand, "Come this way." Leading her up to the gates and getting on a higher point to see outside, "These things... don't stop coming."

Carisa was starting to feel annoyed, now they were the ones scared... they could run in here and she was fairly sure the alaois would be the only ones in danger, "Welcome to what my life was for two years."

"Don't." He warned her, squeezing her hand slightly, "Don't mock me. But since that's true, try and amuse me. How do we deal with it, hm? You must have a better clue than us, after all, you lived it."

"Better clue? You're the one with the advanced technology use it." She spat pulling her hand away, "You have the walls you have the guns and you have the manpower. Shoot them down, all of them. I'm sure you're more than capable."

Vasin smiled, "That's exactly what I wanted to hear."