Chapter 3: Ignoring his presence

Having her needs satisfied she looked around the place. Being alert and listening to everything around her. Looking twice before entering any suspicious area. Seeing at how her clothes and her whole appearance in general seemed, and the fact that there was no activity around the place she decided to look for a spot where she could take a bath.

Even if just to rinse part of the dirt off her it would be nice considering the last time she took one was too long ago. She could barely even stand to smell herself. Taking a good look in the higher ground she spotted a small pool of water. It would be perfect to get herself cleaned up. It wasn't closed off and she could see in every direction.

Walking towards the place she continued looking at every corner, didn't want people or zombies to suddenly sneak up on her. Reaching the spot she set her bag aside she began taking off most of her clothes. Staying in her undergarments, knowing from past experiences not to go completely in the nude.

Getting in the waters they were quite cold, and on,y reaching up to her bellybutton on the deepest part. Sinking deep into the waters she began scrubbing the blood off her hands. Looking up occasionally to make sure she was alone.

It was all too comfortable, all too perfect, something was bound to happen. When she emerged back up from the waters she was met with the same purple eyes of last night.

His eyes glued to her while lazily leaning against a tree, did he not know what privacy was?! Why was he just staring anyways!? She walked out of the waters quickly and got dressed. Looking up at him to make sure he didn't seem like he'd run at her.

Staying in his spot but never looking away. Making her uncomfortable with each passing second. When she finally managed to get dressed she walked away back towards the bushes. Her clothes getting all soaked from how soon she had to get them on after going in the waters.

The water dripping from her hair and onto her back she tried squeezing out most of it but even then it would take a while to dry. Glaring at him from the corner of her eye before continuing. Unaware of the smirk that went up to his lips.

If she thought he'd just stay on his spot she was mistaken. He followed behind her from afar. Close enough she could see him but far enough she wasn't peeing her already wet pants.

Did he just plan to walk after her? And if so for how long? Deciding to just ignore his presence she didn't notice how he kept getting closer. When she started noticing she'd thought she was imagining it. So she started looking at him from the corner of her eyes. Making it seem like she was picking berries.

By the time he stopped, they were barely a few feet apart. If Carisa extended her arms far enough she could touch him. Feeling so nervous with him this close, she wanted to run, and hideaway where he couldn't find her.

Had he finally come to eat her? Or was he curious... no that couldn't be! He saw as she grabbed berries from the bushes a hand coming to pick one just near the ones she was grabbing. He was looking at it intently like he was examining it.

Like he'd never seen something like that before... maybe he hasn't. Maybe he really was just curious after all, as stupid as it sounded it could be a possibility. Seeing how confused he was she felt the need to help him. Waiting until he was looking at her to eat one of the berries. Hoping he understood they were for eating purposes.

However, he looked at her with no clue in mind as to what she was doing. So she ate another. In return, she was hesitant but put it in his mouth and swallowed. She couldn't even tell if he had liked them. But carefully and slowly she handed him some she collected while he had been staring. She didn't even understand what she was trying to do. Just wondered what he'd do now.

He had been so hesitant to hold his hand out to take them so when he did she tried giving him a kind looking smile. Hoping he'd stay entertained with the berries she slowly started walking away.

Looking up at the sky it was already midday. She had spent all morning around the place and now dealing with him. She had to look for a place to stay the night. Somewhere safe and where she wouldn't be eaten. A spot where she could still see but not be spotted.

Worry was written all over her face as she started pacing around the place in a hurry. Walking in the same spot, she knew there were no nearby areas she had already walked by all the surrounding. It would have to be staying up in a tree again, and even those were at least an hour away.

She kept pacing and thinking this until he stood in her way. So suddenly she accidentally bumped into him, looking up at him in distress when it happened. But seeing as he was smiling down at her she felt slightly calmer now.

Staring at him she questions on his species was called beasts. When he looked so docile and sweet, sure four arms and four eyes looking at your... every move. Clearly more fit than any athlete she had ever seen, he'd outrun her before she had even the chance to run.

They stared at each other for a few minutes straight. Until a rustling in the woods brought them both to reality. Looking over at one of the berry bushes she saw a small rabbit emerge from it.

How nice that nature thrived while humanity declined... wait her was grabbing the rabbit! Why? What would she do with it? She watched as he swiftly picked it up before it had a second to run off. It was a nice little white rabbit, reminding her of vanilla ice cream.

Seeing her eyes on it he felt compelled to hand it over to her. Holding it tightly in his hand so it wouldn't get away as he handed it to her. When she shook her head in denial to accept it he grabbed her hand and placed the rabbit on it. Even if it was clear she didn't want it.

She let out nerves laugh holding the rabbit in her hand weirdly. Trying to keep it still like it was the most delicate thing in the world. But the rabbit just wouldn't stay put squirming in her hands. She tried handing it back to him but he just wouldn't take it.

Trying to get it to stay but it bit her and ran. Looking at the spot where it got away she felt bad about it, yet couldn't help laughing. What was she going to even do with it? Keep it in her bag like a pet? But what would he think? Was he angry she didn't hold on tighter? Turning to face him she found him leaning towards her! Curious about the laugh she had let out.