Chapter 8: He isn't human

Carisa didn't hear another sound from him last night. It was like he became a rock and refused to even look at her. Was laughing that bad to him? By the time the sun peeked out, she looked at the inside of the house one final time. Did she really have to leave? She could easily pick up anything at the other houses and stay here for a while.

So why leave? And besides, if he stayed around no one would come near her. She'd have the place all to herself, she'd be the mayor of the deserted town! Sighing at her dumb ideas she looked at the reality of it all. Sure the place was great and all but not only would the zombies be back more than she could handle but people would too. And she couldn't handle most of those, everyone left alive was ready to kill for provisions. They didn't care if she had an alien behind her, they'd shoot her down.

Well, at least she'd have one last look around the houses before leaving, taking everything she could. And trying to find a winter coat, because this house at least had none. Maybe the people had left during winter... they had more time than her as a normal life if that was the case.

She hopped out the window carefully having a look around before continuing. She dropped from the roof and instantly she found him already waiting for her below. Just how could he move so quickly?

Moving ahead Carisa tried opening one of the doors. When she couldn't enter it she was going to look around to see if there were any open windows. Before she took two steps away from the entrance he broke the handle off the door and made her the way in.

It was so nice having a giant around really. Entering the house she started looking around, heading to the kitchen to be exact. Finding a few cans to take but that was about it. Setting them in the counter while she walked upstairs.

Mainly looking for a coat she could use, finding clothes that belonged to a man. They were big enough to fit three people like her... maybe he could try it on. She turned around and he was right behind her, standing at the doorway.

She grabbed the jacket she found and handed it to him. He didn't get what she meant with it. Feeling her hands tug at the fabric he let her take it back. It wasn't until she wrapped it around his shoulders that he understood. Pulling his upper arms out through the sleeves.

Giving him a funny look since two of his arms were still at the bottom and no sleeves to go on. Not to mention he looked uncomfortable on it. She held in the laughter, as she helped him out of it.

After that, she continued looking into the rooms but just finding a small one that didn't even fit her. Grabbing the cans in the kitchen she was about to head out when he walked in her way. Blocking her from leaving through the door. She could tell something was out there and he didn't want her to get into danger.

Running quietly up the stairs she looked out the window. She could see people walking by the houses, they were looting them just like her. But they had guns, bows even. Things were getting worse and she wasn't risking even being seen. She expected to see him behind her but he wasn't there. Great now she was alone dealing with people that would do who knows what to her.

When she looked back at the window to figure out a way to walk past them unnoticed she saw him walking towards them. They'd shoot him the moment they saw him, she couldn't just let him alone at least. Running down the stairs and finding the damn door barricaded.

She couldn't get this man! He moved like a ninja without a sound and never seen. But how did he move all this without making a sound! That's it she'd bust through the window and run after him, she wouldn't stay in here just because he barricaded the door.

Running back upstairs she looked out the window one more time, seeing him already in front of them. They were shooting at him! She needed out now, grabbing a chair and smashing it against the window.

Why wasn't it breaking? Upon further inspection it was a security window, she wouldn't get out of this even if she had a gun. Running around the house and checking the windows, all of them where security ones.

She couldn't leave! And she could hear the gunshots Outside, they were so loud! What was happening!? She tried pulling at the furniture he used to block the door, but it didn't move no matter how hard she pulled. Her feet taking her back upstairs and looking out the window.

Where did they go? Who couldn't she see anything?! Looking at exactly the spot they where last, only to see a man thrown across the air. Smashing into an old abandoned car. He was the one with the gun. The bullets ceasing from the sound only screams left.

And even those went quiet after a while. So why wasn't he back, or why didn't the people take off running? What was happening still that she couldn't see? It wasn't until after a while that he appeared. Soaked in flesh blood, in his hands, in his face, dripping from his mouth. A grin on his face... that's when she remembered... he isn't human.

He looked at the window she was in, making eye contact with her, he saw her. Her hands were shaking as she saw him walk back towards the house he left her in. She could hear him moving everything he put in the way, his steps walking upstairs. Where to hide? Where to go? The monster was coming!