Chapter 14: Laughing at him

Running with her out of the city they ended up with a few extra tails. He was reaching his breaking point, the anger on his face quite evident. Hacking off any nearby zombie, he ran to get off the main road and into a more rural area.

The growls getting too close for comfort, and his eyes set on a lonely house ahead. Some zombies gave up chance while others were hot on their heels. He just needed to get her on the roof, then he'd be able to deal with the zombies more freely. Having been running already for a while she curled up her firs in his shirt, she was scared.

He ran all the faster, the zombies farther behind but still persistent after them. Making it to the house he took one big leap to the roof. Setting her down, giving a quick look over her for any sign of bite mark or scratch.

Looking down there was a hand full of zombies down, clawing at the house. He took a deep breath, he could eat them in no time, and still be able to get her somewhere else for the night. The only thing stopping him was her, what if she saw him eat those things and didn't want him near her. Sure she'd already seen him eat them once but he had been nearly done what that happened.

Would she run? Or would she stay and imagine it never happened? His tail wiped against the roof, looking at her directly and speaking in his tongue, "Stay here." Hopefully, she didn't look over the edge, he just needed a little time.

Falling to the zombies he picked them off one by one, barely munching on one when he took the next one. Making sure he picked off every single one in the area, he simply couldn't let them run around freely. After every single growl ceased he sighed in relief, he was covered in blood and guts, his hands, legs, everything...

He just wanted to take a peek at her, see she was alright and he'd be off to clean up. When he peeked his head up to the roof she was already waiting for him. She looked at him panicked investigating the blood on him, relieved he wasn't injured.

Forcing him to go all the way to the roof she examined behind him just to be sure. His tail moving around drew her attention, maybe just touch it for a second. She couldn't help it, besides it wasn't like it ever annoyed him. Grabbing his tail he stiffened up but moved around again, keeping an eye on her from the corner of his eye. Just what was she up to?

When she was done with her curiosity he held a hand out for her. Hesitant when seeing the blood on it, but eventually taking it. Taking her down from the room and walking with her to wash up. Now that he saw her reaction he wouldn't just leave her there all alone. What if she fell from the roof? He'd never forgive himself.

Walking with her to a river, letting her go as he went in. Quickly beginning to scrub everything off, his back turned to her as he did. The water around him getting red, Carisa looked at him, so calmly in the waters. A smirk raising up her lips, how would he react if she splashed the water towards him. She only took the black jacket off and slowly walked in, and splashing the waters against his back.

Hearing a growl from him he turned around having his fangs out, only to inch back when he saw it was her. She laughed at his reaction and stuck her tongue out to him, he was speechless seeing her behavior. Deciding to splash water right back at her, freely laughing with her over it. He felt like he'd known her for years playing around like this.

Grabbing her and pulling her deeper into the water with him. She froze up when he wrapped his hands around her, looking up at him, his laugh was... pretty normal to her surprise. Smiling at him, reaching to touch his face, she wanted to see those fangs up close. He leaned down when he saw she was having a hard time reaching.

Pulling his upper lip out of the way she, his fangs showing off. Could he suck blood with them like a vampire? She couldn't help but laugh at the thought. She didn't quite see if he had any at the bottom. Going to push his lip down he opened his mouth as he'd bite her. Seeing her start to fall back he pulled her back, to stand up on her feet. Snickering at her reaction he pulled her with him out of the waters.

Coming out to sit at chore soaking wet with her, leaning against her slightly. Looking up at the sky, they had been out for so long yet he couldn't tell. He knew where he'd take her for the night, there weren't any houses stable enough to keep her for the night so instead, he'd get her up a tree. She slowly placed her hand in his leaning into him.

Surprised by her touch he couldn't help close his eyes, sitting there for a long time. They dried up mostly as they sat. Time picking up with them, he got up first and pulled her up with him. Looking around to make sure no one was near. Taking her hand in his they began walking to the woods, his eyes darting in every corner of the place. Until the thought finally hit him, she hasn't eaten once all day.

He worried about her, he didn't know much of humans except the basics, they needed to eat daily, they could get sick easily, they need sleep, and a few more. When reaching the woods he got her up a tree and said, "Stay here." Before jumping off and leaving.

He wasn't naive, he'd seen when she dropped her bag the day before, he just had to retrieve it, she'd have things to eat in there. He'd seen her packing back at the houses, of not, he'd just have to raid some wandering humans. While he ran to the spot he'd last seen the bag she looked around from the top of the tree. He'd left saying the words he'd already used before. She wasn't sure what they meant, but she'd wait for him there a while.