Chapter 12: Just a bite

Ignoring her protests he continued walking with her into the city, the zombies were crawling everywhere. She was holding onto him with all her strengths, she didn't want to keep going, she wanted to leave.

He set her down pressing a finger onto his lips and telling her to shush. She, however, turned around ready to leave, so he grabbed her hand and walked further in. When the zombies sniffed the air she panicked, they'd notice her surely. However, he walked down a different area, making the zombies confused.

Bringing her closer to him when some got too close. Feeling the tension she had just by holding her. He knew what he had to do to mask her scent if things got too tight. When her face lifted up she saw the pharmacy sign. The place was just a few feet away, she'd be able to find something to drink. Relieve her pain, if it wasn't raided... could people manage to raid this, she hadn't turned.

Pressing a hand on her face she took notice of the mask again, this was filtering the air for her, keeping her human. She removed her hand from his and began walking towards the pharmacy, not until one of the zombies growled did she notice what she did.

Quickly running to him, he wrapped two hands around her and smashed the zombies head in with another. Looking down to see her clinging on him, then seeing the shop she was headed too. Hoisting her up he walked to the pharmacy, closing the door behind them and looking through it to make sure any zombies inside were taken care of.

After finishing up with the couple he found he left her to roam free. She looked through the place for what she needed. Finding the pills she needed, about to take off the mask... no, she thought.

Taking the pills and walking towards him, "We can go." She said he twisted his head to the side grabbing the pack, opening a part of the mask, and placing the pills on her hands.

Seeing as he did that she wasted no time, swallowing them, only a matter of waiting now. Leaning against him she waited for what he'd do. She'd lost her bag back when he grabbed her from the zombies. So just to kill her curiosity she walked around.

The place had rats and bugs on any corner there used to be candy or food. Feeling repulsed overseeing that she walked down a different area, old toys, table games... things she'd once use.

He lurked behind her staring her down, maybe just a bite, she didn't have to be healthy. Wouldn't kill her right, it's just a taste? Bite her leg, it'll be fine, he crept closer, bite her shoulder so she can still run... she let her guard down. He couldn't help it when he'd been curious as to what she'd do.

Closer with each step he took, so close he could already taste her. She suddenly turned around, seeing him hunched over towards her, she moved a hand towards him. Pressing it against his cheek like she'd done the first time they met.

That little gesture, that one thing she did and smiled, he pressed his own hand on top of hers. Forgetting everything g he thought about previously.

He wanted this, he wanted this more than he could want to eat her. Her hand pressed against his cheek he closed his eyes, he wanted this, he needed this... he wouldn't eat her. Even if it meant starving himself to death, he wouldn't eat her... no...

She still found his reaction odd, why would he close his eyes she never seemed to get it. Walking that much closer to him she looked at his mouth, fangs were peeking out. Bringing her other hand up to look at them, hesitant if she should touch.

A small bang on the door making them both look, zombies were piled up there, they could smell her, they could tell she was in there. And they were going to bust open that door, only a matter of time before enough of them piled up. Looking at her he panicked, not now, not when he knew what he wanted.

Covering her up he grabbed her face and licked her. It was the only thing he could do at the moment to cover her scent. Looking through the place trying to find a different exit that wasn't covered in zombies. Nothing, they were trapped, all exits where covered.

Holding her close to him and putting her against the corner, he could only wait for them to bust in and get her out when they were in the store looking around. The door was cracking, it wouldn't hold out much longer. As soon as it popped open zombies ran in, searching for their meal. As soon as the amount entering decreased he ran out with her.

The zombies running past them unable to tell her scent near him, he wouldn't let go. Looking around frantically, he'd hide her in a different store until things calmed. Walking to the closest one he could get her in safely, taking a quick look around, no zombies thankfully.

Setting her down he let her roam around freely, it was a clothed store, still packed to the brim. It was a paradise for her, finally being able to pick what she wanted, not having to make do with what she found.

Her eyes sparkling as she grabbed a shirt she liked, looking for a fitting room to change. Spotting one and going in to change, while he kept an eye out. His gaze falling on a dark black jacket. Taking it from the hanger he snickered, why did he bother looking at something that wouldn't fit?

Setting it aside he looked at the way she walked off too, why was she taking long? Did she take off the mask?! He rushed to the room opening the door without thinking. Opening it to see her half-naked inside, she gasped pushing him out and slamming the door on him.

When the doors closed his cheeks flushed a dark purple walking away from the door. When she came out she glared at him, seeing him over at the corner looking at the floor. Ignoring him she looked around in the store, her eyes landing on a new bag, as well as some hats.

Grabbing a light blue one that called her attention. Taking it she walked up behind him and set it on his head. Laughing at how ridiculous he looked, his eyes on her, seeing as her cheeks reddened up.

She was about to take the hat off him when they heard a crack, their eyes darting to the doors. The zombies had caught up to them, and they had already piled up without them noticing.

Instantly he pulled her towards him, glaring at the door picking the black jacket up and dragging her back. His hands wrapped around her, he'd try doing the same strategy as last time. Hide in the corner and wait for them to pass. When he did he saw as their eyes moved to look at her. Her scent was out, removing his shirt he put it over her, surely they wouldn't be able to tell it was her now.

The doors and windows smashing as the zombies went in, taking her out closely beside him. The zombies coming as close as to brush against him, this time for sure he had to get her as far from them as possible. They were even more zombies around than the first time, he had to keep her close to the walls so they wouldn't run her over.

Where could he take her? He needed to keep her safe...