Chapter 12: Imprint

"Everything okay?" I asked.

Stiles took a seat on the driftwood log beside me, smiling peacefully with a glance at Derek who was sitting beside Sam.

"It will be," he responded. "I've got a good feeling," he said as he turned to meet my eyes. I hope to god he's talking a least a little about me.

"Oh yeah?" I replied.

His eyes flickered down to my crooked smile and back up again. "Yeah," he bit his lip momentarily.

Sam let out a loud yip, signalling for the pack to gather round. Scott took a set beside Stiles, and Jared beside me. Soon all of the large pieces of driftwood were filled with werewolves. Stiles scooted closer to my side, making a little more room in his other side and goosebumps rise on the arm he was touching.

"Sorry," he murmured shyly. I shuffled closer to him in turn, tangling my leg with his and giving him a smirk as I let my hand rest on his thigh.

"I certainly hope not," I whispered back, earning a giggle from the beautiful boy beside me.

Derek and Sam were standing side by side, and Scott rose from his seat to stand with them formally.

"I don't mean to be so formal. But the Hale-McCall pack came here looking for an alliance. And if it's alright with all of you... I'd like to give it to them," Sam said, cracking a smile at the hooting and hollering that broke out. He rose a hand for silence and continued. "Their emissary- Stiles- will be working out the finer details... but this alliance works both ways. They've offered their help with our vampire problem."

"We're only ever a phone call away," Derek confirmed.

Wait... phone call? Are they leaving? Is Derek doing this on purpose so I can't take Stiles out? I thought everything was okay between them. He wouldn't, would he? My heart started beating faster in my chest at the idea of Stiles leaving. Of my imprint leaving. The anxiety was nearly enough to overwhelm me. What on earth am I going to do when he goes back to his life? He can't stay here with me forever. He's got a pack of his own, a life. A life that doesn't revolve around me.

"You're not leaving yet," I asked, but it sounded more like a demand than a question. I turned to Stiles in question, my eyes searching.

Stiles' eyes immediately snapped to Derek. They stared at each other, seemingly having a silent conversation. Derek gave him a small shake of his head before Scott answered the question.

"No Paul, we're staying for a little while... even if I do want to be home right now..." Scott grumbled the last sentence. I sighed in relief, my happiness returning as the worry subsided. I still have some time.

"Maybe Izzy can come out and meet everyone," Stiles suggested with a smile at his best friend.

"Who's Izzy?" Embry asked curiously.

"My boyfriend," Scott said dreamily, all heart eyes. Dear lord... is that how I'm always looking at Stiles?

"Yes," Edward murmured from across the circle as he winked at me. I just rolled my eyes at the vampire. Always in somebody's head eh? He just chuckled in response.

"What do you think Der-bear?" Stiles asked the alpha. Scott was already turning his huge, puppy dog eyes to Derek. The alpha rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Oh go ahead, just get those eyes outta here," he grumbled, but there was a smile playing at his lips. Scott screeched happily before crushing Derek in a momentary hug and then prancing off away from the circle.

"I'm calling him right now!" He said over his shoulder.

"He's like a giant puppy, isn't he?" I speculated with a chuckle.