Chapter 26: Alone Time

Forewarning: sexual content in this chapter

"When are you leaving?" Liam asked Paul, with my favourite excited puppy dog look. He had taken well to the wolf, asking a million questions and smiling ear to ear at the attention he was receiving when he answered them all. I had a feeling he reminded Paul of certain young wolf in his own pack.

Paul looked at Emmett for the answer.

"Two days," Emmett responded, not looking away from Derek as he said it.

"So soon?" Derek asked his mate.

"We didn't want to intrude, babe," he said, stroking Derek's cheek softly with his thumb.

"Nonsense," I scoffed. "You guys are family now. We want you here as long as we can have you," I said sincerely. And god, did I mean it. My heart was squeezing painfully at the idea of having to say goodbye to Paul again.

And again and again. How long would we have to do this? Would we ever be able to stop? Would there ever be a time we didn't have to say goodbye? Christmas was next week, and I wouldn't get to wake up to his face Christmas morning... which was something I desperately wanted. I tried to control the wave of emotion that threatened to overwhelm me.

Sensing my distress and sadness, Paul pulled me against his side comfortingly and kissed my temple.

"Wanna get out of here?" His husky voice whispered in my ear. The tone and warmth of his breath sent shivers down my spine and instantly threw my mind into a frenzy of imagined alone time with my mate.

"God yes," I breathed before pulling him into a kiss. I took hold of his hand and dragged him towards the door. "See you guys for breakfast!" I called to the pack absently.

"Don't do anything I wouldn't do!" Emmett cooed after us.

"Right back at ya!" Paul shouted at the vampire. I could practically see Derek's blush in my minds eye and giggled.

We came to a halt in front of Emmett's fancy rental.

"I totally forgot we didn't drive here," I laughed in disbelief. Paul spun me around before pinning me against the shiny car with his body. I laughed breathlessly at the suddenness of it, licking my lips in anticipation. He bit his lip as he glanced down at my mouth before speaking in the most delicious voice I had ever heard.

"It's as if you were... distracted," he murmured, before swooping on for a hot kiss. "In a rush, maybe?" He asked against my lips, and I could feel his smirk.

"You could say that," I murmured, before stealing a few kisses of my own.

My hands were grabbing greedily at his big, broad shoulders, and my legs wrapped themselves around his waist. I gently nibbled at his perfect lips as we kissed, and the werewolf growled into my mouth.

"Car," I said between kisses, when I could manage to tear myself even a millimeter away. "My house. Now."

Paul nodded, but continued to hungrily devour my lips, his hands roaming and hips starting to move in a sultry manner. He was setting me on fire.

"Mmm- oh god," I groaned out loud, my eyes flying open at the feelings that were shooting through my body. "Paul- my love, please... please take me home." I so did not need the pack hearing this, and god- I wanted him. Bad.

"Right, yes- okay," he stuttered in a daze, staggering back.

Putting distance between us as he gathered his thoughts, Paul kept hold of my hand and led me to the passenger door. He opened it for me and tucked me inside with a sweet, lingering kiss before closing the door and running full tilt to the drivers side. The sight would have been comical, if I wasn't just as desperate to get to my room and have him to myself with no listening ears. The wolf started the car and punched the gas, squealing the tires on the way out and expertly maneuvering the sporty car back to the Stilinski house- where a certain sheriffs vehicle was lacking.