Chapter 17: One more day

"What the hell am I going to do?!" I groaned, my fists pounding into the couch cushions on either side of me.

"Come on- you knew this was coming," Jared reasoned with an eye roll.

"Well yeah... but that doesn't mean I was ready for it so soon!" I scoffed, anger and uncertainty rising quickly.

"Paul... they've been here for 7 days already," Jared snapped back, clearly growing impatient with me- as he did with anyone when they were being ridiculous.

"But how am I going to survive without him?" I shouted, rising to my feet and shaking angrily. The white hot rage wasn't far beneath the surface, and I fought to control it. Jared just doesn't get it- he doesn't get what it'll do to me when Stiles leaves.

"Dude! Chill. Do NOT break my house!" Jared demanded, raising his hands in a calming gesture.

He's right. I need to relax and think about this logically. I closed my eyes and focused my mind on thoughts of my imprint. Thoughts of his whiskey brown eyes and blushing cheeks, his messy hair and long, slender fingers. My heart rate slowed as I began to smile.

"God... you are a disgustingly love sick puppy- you know that right?" Jared groaned dramatically. "That's the fastest you've ever calmed down- in the history of ever though," he paused for a moment. "But seriously. You'll find a way. You've got to. Because there's no way I'm letting you move to Beacon Hills," he smirked. As if- I couldn't leave the pack even if I wanted to. It would hurt nearly as much as leaving Stiles.

I realized it too though- the calming down. I had noticed it a few times ever since the imprinting. Thinking about Stiles gave me more control over my temper, something I had never really had before. Another positive way he has impacted my life already- and another reason we had to figure this out. I wouldn't be able to let him go- ever. He's it for me.

"You're right. I knew he would have to go home eventually. I just need to talk to him and work this out," I thought out loud.

"Exactly," Jared agreed absently, focusing back on the TV in front of him.

I rolled my eyes and left his house, beginning the jog to Forks Motel. People waved as they drove around me, and I waved back out of politeness. Most were locals, and were accustomed to seeing the strange native boys running everywhere they went. When the motel came into view, a wave of nervousness suddenly hit me. What if he's not even concerned about this? What if he's just all- 'see ya when I see ya' type thing? I paced in front of the door to their room as the thoughts bounced around in my head. What if he-

Suddenly the door opened, revealing Stiles' nervous face.

"They uh- they said you were pacing," he gestured to the three werewolves behind him. He wrung his hands for a moment, staring down at them before looking back up at me. "They said you smell as nervous as I do," he smiled weakly.

My nervousness faded the longer I got to look into his eyes. The silence stretched on as we stared at each other, and it was finally broken by Isaac clearing his throat loudly.

"Maybe we should give you two a minute," he winked, pulling Scott out the door.

Derek trailed behind them, before giving me a shove into the room. I stumbled into Stiles, nearly knocking us both over as the door closed behind us. I reacted automatically, wrapping my arms around him and steadying us both. Feeling his body against mine was exactly what I had needed right now.

"Well hello there," he winked, trying to play it cool despite the blush on his cheeks. His hand reached up to run his thumb along my cheek bone, where it trailed down to my lips. I kissed it gently and gazed into his eyes for another moment.