Chapter 18: A momentary goodbye

"Stop fidgeting," Paul chuckled as we pulled into what I assumed was his driveway, rain pattering against the vehicle in a soothing way.

"Wow- suddenly I'm no longer fidgety or nervous," I said sarcastically.

The wolf frowned at me before leaning across the seat and kissing me long and slow. His gentle lips sliding against mine washed the rest of the world away. My hands slid into his hair on their own, pulling him closer and surrounding myself with his warmth. The kiss deepened, and Paul pulled away after what felt like ages. I let out a small whine at the loss of his lips, which made him release a breathless chuckle.

"Later Mieczy," he winked, licking his lips before he opened his door and stepped out. He was at my side in a flash, and I rolled my eyes fondly at the use of his supernatural speed. He opened my door for me, slamming it shut and grabbing my hand once I was out. I smiled at the contact- at the feeling of his big warm hand surrounding mine- and ignored the rain falling on our heads. "Everything's going to be fine- he's going to love you," he said with a reassuring squeeze.

"God I hope so," I gulped, before giving him a weak smile.

As we approached the small home, I took a moment to inspect it through the mist hanging in the air. It was a quaint, wooden structure painted a dark blue, with an old and worn wooden door. Just like Sam's, the windows in the home were huge and plentiful. Again, we were surrounded by the overwhelming trees of the forest, and not for the first time I envied the people who get to call this place home. There was a wooden front porch bleached cream by the sun, and the flower beds were overgrown, but in a charming way. Two rocking chairs sat under the roof, looking well used and comfortable. A small table was set between them with an ashtray balanced on top. That explained the cigar smoke scent in Paul's truck. I found myself hoping he wasn't the one who indulged in the practice.

We were at the door now, and Paul pecked my cheek lightly before turning the knob and pulling me in behind him.

"Dad!" He yelled, making me jump. He winked at me, "relax love."

Hearing the term of endearment come out of his mouth is all it took to calm my heart rate. Well that and his thumb rubbing gently across the pulse point in my wrist. You can totally do this Stiles! You're the pack emissary! If you can keep a handle on two alphas, you can handle meeting your boyfriends dad, I told myself.

"In the living room!" What I assumed to be Paul's dad answered.

"Very good," Paul murmured, obviously having listened in to my heart rate slowing. "Ready?" He asked quietly.

"As I'll ever be," I sighed, gesturing for him to lead the way. He smiled as big as I'd ever seen him, and I couldn't help the flutter in my chest.

I followed him into the next room, reminding myself to stay calm and breathe. The man that strongly resembled his son was sitting back in a lazy boy, feet in the air as he watched the news on the tv. His eyebrows rose when he caught sight of me, and my hand in Paul's. A smile slowly spread across his face as he sat properly, putting the foot rest down.

"Well you must be the 'Stiles' Paul hasn't shut up about," he smirked, but the smile turned genuine again. "I'm Terrance- but you can call me Terry."

"Nice to meet you Terry," I smiled back, shaking his outstretched hand. Paul was positively beaming.

"I still can't believe you imprinted," Terry laughed at the heart eyes his son was currently making at me.

"Neither can I," I chuckled, glancing to the wolf. "A week ago I didn't even know imprinting was a thing."