Chapter 34: Anticipation

We were all gathered back in Esme's dining room, having just finished a delicious array of snack foods she'd prepared for everyone after our second round of training for the upcoming battle.

Stiles was sat comfortably in my lap, the sturdy wooden chair beneath holding our combined weight easily.

"So what's the plan? We just hang out in the clearing until they show up?" Stiles asked sarcastically, leaning his back against my chest. I laid a gentle kiss on his neck, and didn't need to see his face to know he was smiling.

"No- Alice has the time of day pinned down to the afternoon," Jasper answered him.

"So we've got all morning to chill," Stiles clarified, and Jasper responded with a curt nod.

Stiles tilted his head back to meet my eyes, mischief and insinuations swimming in his beautiful, honey eyes.

"Well some of us already have ideas," Jackson smirked at Jake, who's eyes were heatedly locked on Edward's.

We watched Jake blush involuntarily at his words, eyes darting around the room uncomfortably. I smirked at his embarrassment, now he knew what it was like around these wolves. Stiles rose from his seat with a chuckle, knowing exactly how Jake was feeling in that moment.

"Welcome to my world," Stiles sang, patting Jake's back sympathetically. "But don't worry, you're not the only one with your mind in the gutter," he winked before casually walking past me, my eyes following his every move. "Come on lover boy- we've got places to be."

Stiles walked out the door without a single glance behind him, knowing that I would follow. And I did. I watched his hips sway as he walked, his well fitted jeans driving my imagination wild.

"Be back by noon!" Alice yelled after us fondly, and Stiles raised a hand in acknowledgment.

We made it into the tree line and Stiles swivelled, leaning himself back against a large tree. His hands rested behind his head, putting his ropey biceps on display, and his eyes were dark with lust. My eyes ran over his body, stretched out leisurely and downright tempting.

"What are we waiting for?" Stiles asked huskily, licking his lips as he pushed himself off of the tree.

"You're trouble," I murmured with a smile as he wiggled his way into my arms.

I took a moment to look at him where he was cradled in my arms. His whiskey brown eyes were darker, speaking whispers of a half full glass of whiskey resting on a bedside table in a dimly lit bedroom, with the rustling of sheets and quiet moans playing out in the background.

"It is my middle name," Stiles agreed with a smirk, one that I thoroughly kissed off of his face.

"Take me home," Stiles murmured breathlessly, and god I wouldn't make him say it twice. Even if I did like hearing it.

Home, I thought. I wish Stiles could call this place home.

I picked him up, slinging him across my back into a piggy back position. His arms rested against my neck as he wrapped his legs around my waist, his strong thighs holding his body tightly against mine.

"Save a horse, ride a cowboy," Stiles teased in my ear, his warm breath causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

"I pretty sure I'm the exact opposite of a cowboy," I snorted. "I think the derogatory term is Indian."

"Whatever, giddy up horsey," I could hear the smirk in his words.

"You asked for it," I smirked cockily, looking to Stiles out of the corner of my eye.