Chapter 8: Sites to See

The three of us decided we would stick around for a few days. To see if we could help... but mostly so I can see my sites. I also needed to meet the rest of the Cullen's for sure. Maybe we could make good with them and have a clan of vampires in our address book for emergencies. I had a feeling we had already made a good impression on Edward- for which I was thankful. He's definitely friend material- observant, witty, and duh- mind reader!

I liked all of the wolves we had met too. Quill and Embry were like two peas in a pod who loved to laugh and make jokes. Sam is the serious alpha who knows how to smile sometimes, but takes the safety of his pack seriously. His other half, Emily, is the lovely mothering type in every way. Seth is the happiest, brightest soul I've met in a while. Leah, she's got some issues... but it's obvious she loves her pack. Jake fit into Quill and Embrys pod easily. It's not hard to tell the three were best friends before the pack. Jake's smile was like sunshine, warm and contagious. Jared is a sarcastic ass, and I can get behind that kind of behaviour. And Paul...

Paul is something else entirely- and reminds me a little too much of Derek. But there's just something about him... something about the way my stomach does back flips when he looks at me. Or the way I can't help but smile when I feel his eyes boring into me. Or the way I was worried sick when he took off into the woods within the first few minutes of knowing him. Or the fact that I found leaving Sam's last night extremely difficult. Did I mention he's the most beautiful living thing I have ever seen in my life? He makes my heart race and palms sweat in all the right ways. And I want to know him. I mean really know him. What sets him off? What makes him smile? What does he do on Sunday mornings?

I could already tell he has a severe temper, and being a wolf wouldn't make that any easier. But I already knew how to handle that, Derek gave me lots of experience in that department. Well- and Liam. He was a chore and a half when he was first turned.

"What are we going to do today?" Scott asked as he shoved forkfuls of syrup drenched waffles into his mouth.

"I think Stiles should decide," Derek answered. I dropped my fork in surprise and stared at him.

"Seriously?" I asked suspiciously, my eyes narrowing. He never lets me have free reign without some form of fight.

"Why?" Scott asked bluntly. He's just as confused as I am.

Before Derek could answer, both of their heads turned to the door as the bell rang. I could tell just by the way they held their heads that they caught a scent. I turned in my seat to see the worlds hottest wolf and the worlds most sarcastic wolf entering the small diner.

A smile formed on my face without my permission. Paul caught sight of me and was grinning ear to ear as they made their way to our table. Jared grabbed an extra chair from a vacant table on their way.

"Stiles, you've got a little something," Derek commented, his finger pointing to the corner of his own mouth.

"Shut it Hale," I snapped, my smile returning as Paul sat down beside me.

"Mind if we join?" He asked.

"It appears you already have," Derek grumbled sourly.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, all of us ignoring Derek's comment.

"Paul just couldn't stay away," Jared said, swooning dramatically. He got an elbow in the stomach for it. I chuckled at their dynamic.

"I was hoping that we could show you guys around today?" Paul asked with an uncertain smile. It looked adorable on him.

"We have plans," Derek answered for me. I turned to glare at him threateningly.

"Actually- we don't," I snapped, before turning a smile back on Paul.