Chapter 21: Goodbye for now

Korra awoke the next day to Asami wrapped up in her arms. She smiled at her beautiful face. She looked so peaceful with a slight smile on her face. She tried to get up so she could surprise Asami with breakfast in bed, but when she went to get up the arm around her waist held her tighter.

"Mh baby don't go anywhere. I just wanna stay here with you" Asami said, her words still coming out a little drowsy, eyes still closed. She scooted closer to Korra nuzzling her face in her Avatars neck. She breathed in and out deeply with a happy sigh.

"I was thinking about bringing you breakfast in bed." "Mhhh. Maybe later I just wanna hold you right now. You're comfortable and I miss you." Korra wrapped both her arms around Asami, resting her chin on her head and sinking back into the bed. She kissed the top her beauties head and told her I love you. "I love you too Korra"

"You know everyone is going back home tonight.." "Yah, how are you feeling about that. I know they haven't been here for a while" "Sad but...I'm okay. I mean Mika is now moving to republic city so I'll get to see her a lot more. As for everyone else, now I can visit and write them as much as I want. So I'm okay. Of course I'll miss them but it won't be anything compared to what it used to be." Asami just smiled back at her.

They shared sweet kisses for a little and decided to finally get up.

"I was thinking of maybe taking everyone out to go see a mover today?" Asami said."That sounds like a great idea. We can ask them about it when we see them downstairs."

The two made their way to the mansion's common room where Korra's siblings were already sitting and having some tea. Everyone agreed that watching a mover sounded like a great idea.

Before they went out Asami took the twins to the race track while Korra, Mika, and Thina got ready and played some pai sho. A couple hours later they made their way to the mover. It was about a young girl who came from nothing and grew up in not the best neighborhood. She found herself in bad situations often but in the end made a name for herself.

Asami still owned one of the boxes so they had a nice and private view. Hilo and Thina were fighting over the popcorn while Keta and Mika were trying to keep their volume down. The two love birds were cuddled up behind everyone enjoying this little bit of family time they were so early afforded.

Once the movie ended it was time to go back home for an early dinner before everyone's boats took oof.

Korra went to help get Thina's bags all ready to go while Asami and Mika helped get the boys bags ready. Mika wasn't moving out for another day since she was just moving her stuff into the apartment she got. Her husband would arrive in a few days as well.

Normally Asami would insist on having her butler or one of the maids get the bags, but she understood the value of this extra family time. In reality this was her only chance she had to talk to Korra's twin alone.

"I'm really glad you all decided to see Korra. I know it's not only for her but I can tell how happy she is. I can't imagine what it must have been like for everyone growing up away from their family" Asami said looking down carrying a bag across the long hallway with Mika right by her side. "It's honestly amazing to have everyone here again. It feels like we missed out on so much. I don't want everyone to go yet." Mika said "When do you think everyone could get back together?" You guys are always welcome to stay here. We have more than enough room. Besides the house gets lonely sometimes" "I was thinking on me and Korra's birthday we could get everyone to come back and celebrate" "...which is??"

Mika stopped dead in her tracks. "Korra never told you when her birthday was?" Asami shook her head no. "I always figured it was because Katara was reminded of how she lost Aang. But now I have a feeling that it's because she couldn't celebrate it with you."

Mika sighed. It made sense. "Probably a combination of both."

After the two made it down the staircase Mika spoke up again "I have an idea. Why don't we get everyone back for our birthday in a month and make it a surprise for Korra." "Actually that's a great idea." "Hold on I see everyone else. Why don't we have lunch some time next week to talk about it more?" Asami nodded yes in response.

Korra: "Alright I think that's everything."

Thina: "I can't believe it's already time to go"

Hilo: "I know I'm gonna miss everyone. Even Asami, I know we haven't known you long but I can tell how much my sister loves you."

Keta: "You're basically family now"

Everyone laughed and made their way to the cars. Once they arrived everyone said their goodbyes Turing to hold back tears but ultimately failed.

Korra: "Promise it won't be another 10 years till I see you?" She said tears in her eyes while her face was buried in her little brothers chest

Keta:" Promise"

Thina: "promise to write. We love you"

And with that everyone made their separate ways. Korra stayed and watched the boats drift away. When they were far enough into the distance she hugged Asami and told her she was ready to go home.

I'm really really sorry for the lack of updates. I've been struggling to find the motivation to write. This time of year tends to get to me. BUT it's your comments that helped push me to keep writing.

Sorry itsmekor... I know I said I would post this weekend and I didn't. This chapter isn't that amazing but hopefully the next one will suffice.

With that being said I hope the new year brings you guys lots of love!
-Lilo