Chapter 5: Getting ready

Hey y'all! I know I normally write these at the bottom but I just wanted to say thank you for reading!

Korra walked upstairs still in shock, she didn't even hear Asami calling her name. How was she supposed to tell her girlfriend that her family was coming to visit...and they wanted to meet her...and no one knows they exist.

Something touched her shoulder, she jumped and turned around. "Asami don't scare me like that!" She let out a breath of air. "We'll I was trying to call you but it's like you didn't even hear me, you walked right passed and left. Is everything alright babe? You kinda seem shaken up." "I'm sorry. Everything's alright just had long meetings that's all. ...Hey what are you doing here?" "Well...since it's our anniversary I scheduled today for only a half day at work. Since I didn't tell Sola why I was taking a half day when I originally scheduled it she kept it like that when you told her not to remind me of our anniversary." She said smiling.

"Hmmm, your assistant really is something. I'm surprised she didn't put two and two together." "Actually I think she did and that's the real reason that she left it open, but she wouldn't tell me that. So are you done for today?" "For you I can be." Korra said smiling like a goof with love eyes at her girlfriend. "Well good because I have a surprise!" "A surprise? Baby you really didn't have to." "I know but I wanted to."

Korra began to get curious, she really liked her surprise last night...the more she thought about it the more her face turned red so she quickly pushed the thought from her mind. "So what is the surprise?"

"If I told you it wouldn't be much of a surprise now would it?" Asami said smirking , linking her arm in Korra's while they walked to her car. "Besides it's not a what, it's a where. Now come on we gotta get home and change."

They had to change for where they were going! Korra just kept getting more and more curious but did as her girlfriend said it was a surprise.

"Oh and honey, no work talk tonight. I can afford to forget about the launch and you look like you need to take your mind off of work for a while." "Yes ma'am." It took them about 35 minutes to get back to the mansion, it was prime traffic time in Republic City but since Asami basically built and designed all the new infrastructure to the city after it was left in shambles she knew all the back routes.

The car pulled into the garage and the girls headed into the house. "I called the house from my office and told the staff to put your outfit in the downstairs guest room." Korra mentally groaned. 'I love Asami but I don't want to wear the types of clothes she wears out. "Babe you don't have to, I can just wear my normal formal attire."

Asami kinda got the hint that Korra was sceptical about what she bought her to wear. "Why don't you just go see what it is and then we can finish this conversation. If you don't like it that's alright, you can just wear what you normally wear. I'll be in our room getting dressed." Korra kinda felt bad now. She headed into the guest room and once her eyes laid on what was to be worn a big grin spread across her face.

'Never doubt that girl, you know better than that Korra.' She said in her head. Korra put her clothes on and brushed her hair out a little. Then she realized she still had no idea where they were going. She decided not to worry about it and finished getting ready. She then head for the entrance to the house and told the butler to let Asami know she was ready for her downstairs.

Asami's POV

I heard a knock on the door

"Come in!" The door opened...and it was Peen my butler. "Lady Korra is ready downstairs for you." ALREADY! How is she done already? "Alright let her know I'll be a few more minutes then I'll be down." He bowed and left my room. I quickly put my hair in an updo and started to fix my make up. It was still intact from earlier today but I wanted to do something a little different tonight.

Once my smokey eye was done I reapplied my signature red lipstick and took one last look at myself in my full body mirror before heading downstairs. I can't wait to see what Korra looks like. I really hope she likes what I got her, I want tonight to be perfect. As soon as we got home and I sent Korra away I double checked that everything was set up for tonight.

Korra's POV

I know Asami normally takes longer to get ready but it's making me extra nervous tonight. Especially with that letter. How am I supposed to tell her what's going on. I thought I would never have to tell her about my sister or any of this. She's gonna kill me. I love Asami, but I didn't have a choice but to keep this a secret. I wanted to tell her I really did. I guess I still do, but now that we've been together for so long I don't know how she'll react.

I tried to focus on something else...anything else.

I wonder where we're going tonight anyways? No fair, even without her remembering our anniversary she's still gonna show me up. Guhhh. I mentally groan. Just as I did I heard heels clacking their way down the stairs. Oh great she's gonna be even taller than me than she normally is. I pout but turn around and am immediately snapped out of whatever funk I'm in. My jaw dropped and I'm pretty sure I start to drool. She's so gorgeous. How'd I get so lucky?

She walks down and I stare at her gawk eyed I'm sure. I look at her over from toe to head one more time. Black heels (not that much higher than normal, to my liking) a beautiful black dress with a slit that started just above her right knee. The bust of her dress had a beautiful design of read and gold dragons embroidered on it. As I reach her neck I see the matching necklace and earrings I bought her a couple months ago as a surprise. I stopped at her beautiful luscious lips for a few seconds before looking into her eyes. Damn that smokey eye looked so good on her. Was she trying to make me tackle her down right then and there and start making out with her? It sure felt like it. And last but certainly not least her beautiful hair pinned up in a cute stylish way that was out of her face. Honestly that didn't help me at all because now her neck was super exposed. There is no way I'm going to be able to focus on anything tonight.

"Korra you alright?" "Huh..what? Oh yah sorry." I was snapped out of my head and back into reality. I didn't even realize she made it all the way down the stairs and was now just two feet in front of me. "Asami you're breathtaking...literally. Just as I think I get used to your beauty and figure out how to keep my composure around you you go and pull something like this."

"Why thank you Korra." Asami says to me. "You look quite dashing in that tux yourself. I hope you like it, I went to Little Water Tribe and had a nice young lady design it just for you. I wanted it to feel like you but still be fancy." "Are you kidding Asami!? I love it. And I love that you still keep a bit of my home in it too. It means everything to me, I don't deserve you." The suit she gave me was a beautiful dark blue with a Southern Water Tribe pattern at the cuffs as well as metal buttons with a wave design on them. There was also a little bit a fur where the seem to my shoulders would be and a bit around the collar.

"Don't be silly Korra. Of course you deserve this. Baby you make me so unbelievably happy everyday. Just waking up next to you brings a smile to my face." She wrapped her arms around my neck and stared into my eyes with a serious yet calming look that she gives me.

A few minutes go by as we stare into each other's eyes but then Asami breaks the silence.

"Shall we get going?" I nodded my head yes in response and held out my arm for her to hold as we walked out the door to her car.

~~~~~~~~

You made it to the bottom! Let me know if you like this length of chapter or if I should go back to shorter chapters like I have done in the past? Don't forget to vote, comment and share!