Chapter 3: Make Up

"Babe! I'm so sorry! I totally spaced with everything going on at work! I didn't even realize it was today. That's why you took a half day wasn't it?" Asami was now as anxious as she ever was. 'I can't believe I let her down like that. How could I just forget.'

"Hey 'Sami calm down. It's okay."

"No Korra it's not. How can you even say that. You mean everything to me I wanted to do something special for you and I just let you down" as she placed her face in her hands trying to keep the tears from welling up.

Korra now felt extremely guilty and pulled her girlfriend in for a hug. She brushed Asami's silky black hair and shushed her. "Baby it's alright, I told your assistant to take it off your calendar. I didn't want you to have to worry about today with all the stress you have going on. I'm sorry baby if I knew it was gonna make you feel like this I wouldn't have done it."

Asami looked up from out of Korra's shirt. She started to feel a little better. "Honey you're honestly too sweet. You didn't need to do that. And don't let me off easy I should have remembered without the callander telling me."

Korra took her hands and kissed her lovers knuckles giggling slightly. " 'Sami without your assistant you would never know when it is. You're always doing a million things a day without a second to rest. And if you're really upset about forgetting we can just go to bed and when you wake up you can make me chocolate pancakes in the morning before you head off to work and be the first one to say it then."

Asami just stared at her confused. "Korra that's not how this works. You can't just push an anniversary over to the next day."

"I'm not my love, look at the clock." Asami turned and saw the clock now said 12:16AM. She let out a big breath she didn't even realize she was holding and started to giggle.

"See? You didn't forget our anniversary, I just waited till after midnight so we'd be together when it actually became our anniversary. So you never really forgot in the first place, I just caught you off your game." she said with a wink at the end.

Asami through her arms around Korra. "Hmm you always know how to make it better don't you?" Korra smirked "I guess you could say that."

Asami pulled away and started to the stairs, a new look in her eyes as she said "Well since it's our anniversary I'm gonna go upstairs and get freshened up. Then I can give you one of the presents I was planning on before you so rudely made me forget." She turned around hair flipping and started upstarts.

Korra started to feel pink and hot. She quickly put the dishes and food away (they never touched the ice cream cake) then took a quick shower downstairs getting ready before making her way upstairs for her surprise.