Chapter 4: The Secret

Korra woke up to the sweet smell of chocolate chip pancakes. Normally it took her at least 10 minutes to grumbly fall out of bed and inevitably make her way down stairs. But today was different, she quickly sat up throwing the covers off her body then realized she needs to put a robe on before heading down stairs.

Korra ran down the stairs with a big smile on her face and smashed into Asami giving her a nice big hug from the back taking in a deep breath of the sweet smell that filled the air. "Well good morning love, I was starting to think I was going to have to get you up myself" Asami said stifling a giggle. "Good morning to you to 'Sami." She said giving her girlfriend a big kiss on her cheek then letting go.

"Happy one year aniversarry babe." Asami said now turning around to give Korra a kiss on her lips. She blushed in return and said "Happy one year my love." "Here I just finished this batch go sit and eat." "Don't you wanna split them?" "I'll split the second batch with you, you and I both know you can finish those all on your own." Korra just smiled and dug into her food.

"This is delicious, thanks 'Sami!" "Hmhm any thing for my girl." She said now bringing the second batch to the table and kissed the crown of Korra's head as she sat down facing her girlfriend.

Both enjoyed their sweet morning together. They didn't get to just sit and eat with each other often. And normally the cook was in the kitchen with them. Korra decided to ride with Asami to work as she had meetings just a couple blocks down from Asami's office. Once they parted Korra walked the rest of the way preparing for a long boring meeting at city hall.

Lin Befong's POV

"Korra there you are. I need to talk to you, it's important." "Okay, what is it?" "Not here. We can only talk in private." Korra now extremely serious said "Alright I'm done with my meetings at 3, can you wait that long?" I shook my head yes to give a response.

"Meet me in the lower office then, I'll talk to President Moon and have the floor cleared for anyone without clearance."

Maybe I'm taking this too seriously but I don't think so. Kid kinda looked scared after I sent her off though. I thought about how to ask Korra but ultimately decided to be straight forward about it. No sense in fettling around the topic.

3:24 PM

I'm starting to get impatient, I walked along the edges of the room one more time and came back to the desk. Not sitting in the chair though. I sat on the edge of the desk facing the doors. I saw Korra walked into the office checking behind her for anyone else.

"Took you long enough."

"Hey you said this was important and only people with high clearance were allowed here. I had to act as normal so nobody followed me." I nodded my hand and gestured for her to come closer. "So Lin, why isn't anyone on this floor? I know I don't hold all of Republic City's secrets and neither do you. The United Forces keep you out of the loop a decent amount." Is she trying to make me angry. This is my city no one keeps secrets from me. "Well only 4 people in Republic City know about group Shirishu Beta"

I watched as her eyes opened wider and she stood up tall. I could tell she was trying not to worry.

"Considering you and me are here and the other two are on Air Temple island, I'd expect this floor to be empty." A smirk now on my face. "I'm surprised your girlfriend let you come talk to me alone about this. She's always so worried about you and me being in closed quarters" the smile dropped from my face. "She is not!" Kya trust me, Korra doesn't know what she's talking about. Stupid kid.

"So why did you call me here? Are they okay? What happened?" I could see the anxiety and fear rising in her face and throughout her body. "Hey don't worry kid, there alright. In Fact I think there better than alright." I pulled out the letter from my pocket and stuck my arm out.

"Here, why don't you read what your sister said for yourself?"

~~~~~~~~~~
WHATTTT! Korra has a Sister?! Sorry it took me so long to get to the most important part of the story, I just felt like there needed to be more of a set up and I wasn't satisfied with just a page of that. So here we are.

I wonder what Korra's sister wrote in that letter???