Chapter 19: Mint chip ice cream

"It's just frustrating not being able to see her. I miss her so much and it's not even like she's gone." Korra said, taking another spoonful of mint chip ice cream from Mikas pint. "I know how much her jobs means to her, it's the last thing she has left of her family. Plus all the great work she's doing for the city. She's really changing it and making it better, safer. That's why I can't tell her." She huffed and let her eyes stare at the pint in her lap.

Mika: "Korra she's never going to know if you don't tell her"

Thina: "She's right ya know. I'm sure if you told her how you felt she would stop working so much. She seems like that kind of person and it's obvious that she loves you too. I mean hell she wasn't even mad that you kept us a secret."

Korra: "That's exactly why I don't want to tell her. She'll stop for me...but I want her to stop because she wants to, because she want to spend more time with me, I don't want it to be out of pitty." She set her pint next to her on the floor and brought her knees to her chest resting her chin on them.

Her sister's saw this was going to be an issue. But instead of prying they decide to be there for Korra and just let her voice her feelings. There were a little of emotions that came out but mostly loneliness. The girls ate dinner together leaving their brothers out of the conversation. The rest of the night was spent stress eating and trying to fill the void with sugar and carbs. After all her crying Korra felt gross and salty. She decided to take a long hot shower, besides it always seemed to help her clear her mind and get a level head.

When Asami came home it seemed like no one was up. She went to the kitchen to see if there was any food. As she opened the fridge and saw a note from Korra which read "hey 'Sami, I miss you loads and hope you haven't had too stressful of a day. Here's some dumplings the kitchen staff made. I love you - Korra" She smiles a little and blushed. "I miss you too baby" because it was so late she just decided to bring the dumplings with her tomorrow for work and instead go straight to bed. When she got to her room she saw Korra sleeping like a log on her side of the bed. She quietly made her way to the bathroom taking off her make up and changing into her night dress before crawling into bed with her Avatar. "Good night Korra, I love you" she said before closing her eyes and drifting to sleep.

Korra stared at the wall with tears in her eyes and thought to herself "I love you too".

She hadn't fallen asleep since her shower. Instead of completely clearing her mind, being clean and silky smooth after slipping into a king bed with fresh sheets just reminded her of how alone she was. She tried closing her eyes and letting the night take her but she only got an hour of sleep before a nightmare woke her. That was about a half an hour before she heard her love come home. I never know how to do this without you. I know I shouldn't need you to make me feel better. Maybe this is why you stay away so late at night. What am I saying that's stupid. I know you love me and care. It just hurts being away from you. But I promise to let you get some sleep tonight. I'll deal with this on my own for now. She thought to herself before closing her eyes and trying to fall asleep again. It never came that night.

Short chapter but I updated quicker than normal so I hope that's okay. Don't forget to comment and vote! Thanks for reading :)