Chapter 22: Mika's Surprise

Asami scooted her way into bed soon followed by Korra.

"So how are you feeling" the CEO asked her girlfriend

"Honestly I don't know." She said laying down staring at the ceiling. "This is all so new. The last time I saw them I was in a wheelchair, I never thought I'd see them again after that. It's sad to see them go...but I'm happy. I have my family back." She looked at Her girlfriend who was currently moving down to snuggle.

"I'm happy for you Korra. You deserve this, you all do. Even though you don't really talk about it I know growing up in that compound was hard. I think we both know how it feels to be alienated by society, but it's different for you. I can't imagine not seeing my family like that." Korra just looked at her. "Okay I can but you know it's different. To know you have a family out there. One that loves and cares for you just as much as you do them. To never be able to talk about it. I'm sorry you had to go through that."

The Avatar touched her cheek and softly rubbed circles with her thumb. Loving blue eyes looked up at Asami.

"You never have to apologize for that. It brought me to where I am now. Here, with you. And I wouldn't trade anything in the world for that. I love you." She leaned into a gentle kiss. "I love you too Korra".

With that the love birds slowly drifted to sleep with one another.

-

Asami woke to her girlfriend trying to sneak out of bed. She wrapped her arm tighter and said, "Now where you you think you're going" snuggling deeper refusing to open her eyes.

Korra giggled, "is this what it's like to deal with me?" "Mhmm"

"Sami come on. You gotta let me go. I gotta take a shower." Asami finally opened her eyes and looked very displeased. "Okay who are you and what have you done with my girlfriend" "Haha very funny. I have a meeting with President Moon. Can't miss it." "Ugh fine" Asami said as she dramatically flopped onto the bed. She looked over at the Avatar. "I guess I should get up too huh?" "Probably".

"Do you think we could have lunch together?" "Sure but don't you have work?" "Nah. I took a few days off. It's been a bit since I got you all to myself." Korra leaned down to give the raven haired beauty one last kiss before heading to the shower. "Then we'll definitely be spending a lot of time together."

As the week went by Asami and Korra spent a lot more time together. They managed to sneak away from everything in the world and just focus on each other. They had a picnic, went on a turtle duck ride, took Naga out for a long ride that resulted in them being gone for a whole day, and even attempted to teach Korra how the engine of Asami's car worked...she mostly just nodded and pretended she understood what was happening.

It was finally time to see Mika. They decided to go out and watch a play then grab some dinner in the water tribe district.

Mika: Wow I really missed this. How have you too been?

Asami: Good. We're finally able to spend a bit of time together. I took a few days off work.

Korra: Yep we've been doing a bunch of fun things around town.

Mika: Well my husband is coming in tomorrow. Maybe this weekend we can go on a double date?

Korra: Im definitely game. He'll never even know what hit em.

Asami: Korra they're already married, calm down. How about we go a little bit on the outskirts of the city? Rane's has this special wine imported from the Fire nation I've been wanting to try.

Mika: Well, we can definitely hang out but I won't be having any alcohol.

Asami: Oh, sorry to assume. Korra doesn't really like to drink either.

Mika: Actually I usually like a nice red wine with my dinner.

The pair stained at her confused then Asami's face lit up once she understood.

Korra: What?
Mika: I'm pregnant

Me showing up after over a year of not posting? Will I continue to post? I have no idea, but I hope so. Let me know if you still read this story and want me to post more.
-Lilo