Chapter 17: Sweet as Frosting

Hey...sorry I've been gone for so long. It was really hard with school starting and work. I'm taking a full load of classes so I don't have much free time. Since I wasn't liking the way other chapters were flowing I didn't want to post this one, BUT I think I finally like it. I hope to post more frequently. My goal is at least once every 2 weeks. Anyways here you go :)

After a couple hours in the kitchen the girls had made a whole feast! Asami came home earlier than normal, though still late in the night. She heard giggling coming from the kitchen and decided to go check it out. When she walked in she saw a HUGE mess in the kitchen. Dirty dishes were everywhere. Flour was spilled on the floor and somehow in their hair. But the funniest thing of all was Korra's face covered in frosting.

All asami could do was giggle at the sight of her girlfriend, which caused everyone to turn their head. "'Sami you're home!" Korra said as she gave her girlfriend the biggest grin she could muster. "Seems like you have been keeping busy." Asami said walking over to Korra. "Babe why is there frosting all over your face?" "Well we made cupcakes then Thina and Mika chased me around the kitchen with leftover frosting till they got me." Asami got closer to Korra and took some of the frosting on Korra's cheek and wiped in onto her finger to taste it "well, now you're as sweet as you are on the inside outside too." The comment made Korra blush which in turn caused Asami to roll her eyes at her girlfriend's dorkiness.

"I'm gonna go upstairs and change for dinner." Asami said. Thina returned with "I think we all should." Everyone nodded in agreement and got cleaned up.

A little less than an hour later everyone started making there way to the dining room. Korra sat across from Asami as per usual, that way they could look at each other the whole time. The girls sat next to Asami and the boys next to Korra.

Asami: "I hope everyone's hungry. Korra, Thina, and Mika made enough food to last for a week."

Keta: "Oh don't worry, we'll eat it all...isn't that right Korra?!" He said smirking.

Mika: "Absolutely not. You guys aren't having an eating contest." She scolded

Keta just rolled his eyes and muttered fine in response.

Everyone started grabbing food to put on their plates, passing it to the right as they finished. After a few minutes of digging in the conversation started to pick up again.

Thina: "So Asami I heard you've been pretty busy the last month. You seem to come home kinda late?"

Korra Immediately shot her a glare. Asami didn't seem to think anything of the comment or Korra's look so she replied with.

Asami: "Yah it's been a lot getting this launch together. I'm hoping after we release the new models my workload will go back down. Honestly what's taking up most of my time is preparations for the gala. It seems every day there is something new to fix. Not to mention figuring out the seating arrangements...while people in high society may seem nice most of them have some sort of issue with another, whether it be stock wise or personal issues."

Hilo: "Haha it almost sounds like you're planning a wedding!"

Korra kicked him in the shin for that comment. He just gave her a look like that said "Alright I'll back off the wedding comments."

Korra: "I'd rather it be more like planning a birthday party."

Everyone just stared at her confused so Asami clarified.

Asami: "The launch is happening on my birthday and since there's already going to be a party Korra wants me to celebrate my birthday too. But it's not about me. I'm perfectly content just having Korra to myself to celebrate."

Thina: "Don't forget us! We're definitely making you a home made cake."

Asami: "That's sweet but really not necessary. I'm okay with what I have."

Thina: "Nonsense. You're getting a cake and that's final!"

Asami: "Hahaha okay, but only because I have a feeling you're just as stubborn as Korra."

Korra: "What can I say? It runs in the family."

Dinner continued on and even after everyone was done eating the conversation continued. Asami and Korra got to learn a lot more about what everyone else had been up to the prior few months. Asami told Hilo and Keta once the launch was finished she would like to work with them on their project to which they agreed. Soon it was time for bed and everyone got ready to recharge and greet a new day.

Let me know if this style writing works better/is more understandable when there is 3 or more characters.