Chapter 26

A/N: Happy New Year, guys!

I have not forgotten about Taurus. This is to say that I will be updating the book, just slow. 

Ever since my college reopened, I have been loaded with exams, assignments, exams and practical work. I barely have time to write. Hence, the late update. I really did want to update for Christmas, but I had an exam the very next day. 

I am trying my best and I would really love to thank all who are sticking with me through this time. I do wish to update fast and finished Taurus... but my college life would not allow me to do it. 

Anyways, have an amazing year ahead of you and may all your wishes come true!

Enjoy!

***********

The sun barely showed its face by the time we walked out. This was the only hospital in this vicinity and many came here, be it an accident or any disease.

Niran slurped on the apple smoothie he bought in the hospital canteen while Rune spoke with his mom behind us. Lawan and Wirat stayed back with Aiko and Kessa and Erica promised she would call me is Zeke ever woke up.

"What did Nox say?" I asked.

Taurus sighed. "He said the nurses had to sedate Allen to put on a couple of stitches."

I frowned. "Sedate him for a couple of stitches? Was it on his head?"

Taurus cleared his throat. "It was on his flanks." Looking at my confused expression, he said, "He was being very uncooperative that Nox ordered the nurse to sedate him."

That star knew how to use his overbearing presence to get things done. The creatures of earth had an inherent fear of the celestial creatures, and once we made them known what we were, we could get things done the way we want.

"So..." I drawled. "Allen is sleeping now?"

Taurus nodded. "Yes. That is one way to put it."

I took my phone out. "I will inform Aiko. Just in case."

Niran took a long gulp. "Draco! Why not do that weird voodoo thing?"

My fingers hovered above Aiko's name in my messenger. "What voodoo thing?"

"The one Taurus does!" Niran said. "Enter that person's mind, leave your message and come out or talk to them via the mind. You don't need to take your phone out, open it, search the contacts and type your message." he shuddered. "What a long process."

I blinked at the poor boy. "How long has Taurus been doing this to you?"

"Forever?" he replied.

I glanced at the male by my side. Though he was relaxed, I could see that mischievousness dancing across his eyes, like he did something worthy of high praise.

"Don't you feel ashamed to trick a poor boy?" I asked.

His face was innocent. "What trick?"

"You know what I am talking about!"

The corner of his lips curled. "I had to find a way to keep him in line."

I shook my head. "I pity you, Niran."

Niran frowned. "What is going on?"

"We don't do that," I said. "We don't do it usually. We respect the privacy of others and try our best to stay away from invading other's mind. We do it only in case of emergency. Among us, we do it frequently, cause we know how to shield our thoughts and just project what we want the other person to know."