Chapter 31

A/N: Let me know what you think of this chapter. Let me know if this chapter turned out fine.

You may or may not understand the song above. But if you like it, it is 'Wuji' sung by Xiao Zhan and Wang Yibo. (I told you guys that I am a hardcore fan of 'untamed')

Another chapter... I am trying to give everyday updates. Let's see.

*************

It was late evening by the time the funeral was over. Lana was just a heap of rotting flesh and bone, and no one cared to clear that. Stray dogs feasted on her for a while before giving way to the hungry rats that came up from the sewers.

The smell became unbearable after a while, and Apinya asked someone to clear that. When Dave was here, everyone feared Lana. But now that her backer was gone, she was nothing. After all, people who hated her were not any less.

Wirat's family had the practice of burying the body. If he had a child, the ritual would have extended. The priest came by and finally; it was Rune and Niran who buried Wirat down there. It was only then Lawan cried.

Alpha Eric and a few of his pack members came by at the end. To say it was so eerie and uncomfortable would be an understatement.

"Where is my son?" Omicron Eliana asked as her eyes searched the crowd.

Leigh had joined us an hour ago with Gaelan, Tristan and Antlia. That princess immediately stuck to Cancer like an octopus.

"He left," the huntress of Surva said in a dry tone.

"Left?" Eliana frowned. "Why would he do that? He is not even answering my calls!"

I cleared my throat and pinned the vampire responsible for Kyril's absence. "His mate... she rejected him."

"What?" Eliana screamed, disturbing the stillness of the sombre atmosphere.

The others turned with an ugly expression, but when they realised the one who made the noise was the Omicron of West Coven, they hurriedly looked away. Especially when the memory of this female bringing death and pain was still fresh in everyone's memory.

Taurus held my hand and squeezed it. Though he was physically next to me, he was not present. He was trying his best to help Nox, who was somehow caught in the Kelp Confusion.

I nodded. "He met his mate. She... she had a boyfriend when they met. She chose her boyfriend over Kyril-"

"Who the fuck is she?" Eliana snarled. "I will not lose another to the damned mate bond!"

My voice grew icy. "Don't interrupt me, Omicron Eliana. You will not like how the conversation will end."

I respected her, admired her as an able Omicron. But unless she was a family member, no one could interrupt me.

Her eyes skimmed over Taurus, who was next to me and refrained herself. After all, no one save for the Royals was above the Warriors.

"I am sorry," she whispered.

"Okay." I closed my eyes. "So Kyril left the day he came."

"W-where did he leave?" she asked.

I shrugged. "He did not want to face you. He just left."

"Who is she?" Eliana asked, her brown eyes settling on every female here.

I jerked my head towards her. "Sorrel. Omicron Riley Garcia's Epsilon."

"Sorrel?" Eliana asked with a light chuckle that was lost to the wind. "That female?"

"You know her?"