Chapter 17.5

A/N: Last chapter from Leigh's pov. I will be missing writing from her pov. 

After this, chapter 18 shall be updated soon. Not in another 24 hours. I will try to do it soon though.

**************

"Who are you now?" Leigh asked in exasperation.

The female before her had silver eyes and that alone told her that she was not a part of Earth.

The female smirked. "You are becoming a nuisance. Harper called me to deal with you. Be thankful that Harper had not told this to Dave yet. He is still expecting you to be his loyal servant. He even called you last night for checking papers!"

Leigh knew it was about time that Harper found out what she was doing. Not to mention Lukas would have gone to cried to her like a little bitch.

"I asked who you are," Leigh sighed. Was her language becoming ununderstandable to people? "Not who sent you. I can figure out who did that. I am not an idiot."

"I am the daughter of Mirfak," she said. "My name is Rekha. I am half-star."

"What do you want to do now?" she asked. "Stop me?"

"Kill you," she said, her eyes glowering.

Leigh blinked at the half-star. What was that female thinking? "Bring it on."

Leigh did not have time. Draco was admitted in the hospital. While everyone else thought he was in a coma, she knew better. His soul had taken a very deep blow and he was going to shatter again. Therefore to heal him, Dagen, Luna's soul-bound had taken Draco's soul to Abyss.

During this time, his body was very fragile, it was a shell without a soul and hence anyone could easily kill him. It would be a perfect chance to do so. If they killed him now, at this very crucial time, they would have to put him in another body and allow that vessel to grow again until he regained his memory. But Harper's mother could find this out and she could kill Draco at that time.

These pulsars would heal best in the Abyss. When she had asked Surva why they took Draco's soul there only now and why they did not take the other twelve, she had said something that a quasar named Akycha had created a problem there and Chaos was not very accommodating to people.

Bottom line, she had to protect Draco's body until Dagen returned. She could have trusted this job to Gaelan, but since Harper's mother was visiting the Dungeons, he had to be there. He could not shadow-shift and meet her.

"Do you know what you are asking?" Rekha snarled.

Leigh blinked. "Look. I am short on time. Can we just do this and go? If I win, you let me go and somehow convince Harper that I am on her side. If I lose, well you get to kill me."

"You win?" she laughed. "You are joking, right?"

"Do I look like I am joking?" Leigh asked.

Annoyance flared in that female's eyes as she raced to her. Raced was not the word she would use seeing the speed of that female. One flash, she was there and the next, her fist was flying towards her face.

Just in the last fraction of the second, Leigh dodged the punch and landed somewhere safe. What was that?

That is a half-star's speed, Surva's voice echoed in her head. Let me take control, child. I will fight this for you.

But you are in Origin-

I know where I am, she said, her voice cool and calm. I have defeated far more villainous things in my life. Defeating her would be brushing dust for me. Let me.