Chapter 10

Another 4.5k+ worded chapter. These chapters are getting very long.

Anyway, 

The second Somsak's body fell on the ground, there was a heavy silent pause. For that one second, the wine overflowed from the glass into which the waiter was pouring it in. The lead singer missed the beats to which he had to sing. The man who was juggling fire at the entrance dropped a fireball. The camera that was snapping pictures froze, just like it froze the time in it.

The conversations that were buzzing louder than the soughing night winds out came to a halt and the winds took the bragging rights of being the winner.

Just everything paused when he fell down. The glass he was holding, shattered next to him and Theta Wirat who was standing next to him just stared at his comrade, blinking. This guy was one good actor.

It was Lana who gave a shrill cry and shattered the spell over the venue. She rushed towards him and checked his pulse. "Get a doctor here! Get a damned medic."

Then she pulled his head on her lap and cradled it. "Hold on, Som. Hold on."

When no one responded to her cry, she shouted again, "Get me the damned doctor of the coven!"

Dave rushed towards his Zeta. "Somsak! I command you not to die, friend. You can't die."

With that, Dave crumpled next to Somsak. 

I did not know what was wrong with Lana, but she began to do CPR. She raised his torso and closed his nose. After making sure that his tongue had not rolled back, she a deep breath and blew it right in his mouth. After she did this, she knelt next to him and interlocking her fingers, she pressed on his chest. But did the medics not check the pulse first?

Why was she doing it? Somsak was already dead by the time she had demanded a doctor. Did she not hear the last beats of his heart?

While Dave looked frantically at them both, Leigh came up slowly next to her sister and she touched her shoulder. "Lana, Somsak's dead. Let him go."

"No!" she cried, her tears running down her face along with her eyeliner. "You're lying!"

Leigh sat down next to her. "Lana. He is gone. Let him go."

"No!" she shrilled again and when her sister hugged her, Lana lost it and she began to sob in her sister's embrace.

I frowned. Lana could control muscles and if she had given just one thought about it, she could still have him alive. It was truly terrifying if one thought about the things they could actually do.

Mali entered the hall again with Lawan on her heels. Seeing Dave on his knees next to his friend, she neared her crying mate and then touched his shoulder. "Dave."

He raised his head. It was not sorrow I saw there. It was rage.

"You!" he snarled. "You did this, Mali. You killed him."

Dave did have some brains after all. Or he was simply pinning it on the female.

Mali took a step back. "Me? I am your Omicron female! Why in Moon's Realm would I kill my Zeta?"

"My Omicron female?" Dave sneered. "You are not even my mate, Mali. You are not worth my mark. You did this."

All were a part of the plan. When we had planned it, it seemed simple. But now that it was playing in front of me, I should have thought more about this.

Mali gasped and put a fist over her heart. "What do you mean, Dave? You are not my mate?"

"Never!" he shouted getting up. "I never was. It was a part of experiment Harper was doing and you are a success. I must say, fucking you was quite good."