Chapter 3

A/N: I will try my best to update regularly. Just my best.

Dedicated to Sassy_diva_doll since you love Taurus <3

Enjoy:)

********

Aiko curled into a ball and snored while I stayed up. There was no concept of time here. We were just here. I did not want to go up even though I knew my mother would be worried about my arrival. 

I wanted this time for myself. Especially after I met with Lana. There had been times when touch repulsed me so much that I would flinch away from my mother's embrace. 

She tried to play it cool pulling back, but I could see how hurt she was. I wanted to tell her that it was not her fault. Just touch brought me memories, but my voice froze whenever I wanted to confide in her. 

If I met Lana, I would either hide in my room under the excuse of being tired or I would come down. I did want to give Aiko company, but this silence was a comfort of my own. Aiko might have guessed from the pungent scent I carried on my skin sometimes, but she never made another comment. 

As if being left alone could wash away Lana's scent on me. 

I closed my eyes and controlled my breathing. I was no longer the helpless unshifted werewolf Lana had sunk her fangs into. I was the best assassin on this continent. I was no way weaker than her. 

This was my body, my skin and my blood. It did not belong to those who took it just because they could. It belonged to me and to the one I would give to. She did not get to own me. I owned myself. It took so damn hard for me to come here and Lana would not rip it away from me again. I would not allow it. I would never forgive myself if that happened.

Just because she had raped me did not make her strong and me weak. 

Since I carried werewolf genes, I could see in the dark, albeit not clearly, but better than most humans. But today, I could see things with a  clarity that had me questioning myself. I could see the faded blue sweater Aiko wore. Count the rips in them.

I just closed my eyes and sighed. I just wanted to shut the world, even if it was for just a minute. My heartbeat slowed down and my breaths became easy. Yet the foreign scent my skin carried had yet to disappear. 

To ground myself, I thought of the soothing sound my keyboard would make when I programmed something. The silent whir of my computer. The jumbled numbers and letters that confused everyone who did not know what coding was, but somehow made complete sense to me.

The elevator sped up. Who was coming into the prison now? The court and the police force worked all day around, but unlike other covens where each case was tried then and there and did not wait for moonlight, Summer Coven worked differently. The court was just a building of historical importance and judges were posts given to people who did not want to work but just earn money. Police enforcers rarely wore uniforms. If anything, they used their power to get whatever, whomever they wanted. 

When the elevator came down to the floor I was on, I frowned. I could count on one hand the people who came here, especially at this time.

Was it Dave? No, I had smelt his scent just a while ago, and this was nothing like that. I did not know to whom these two scents belonged, but I had a feeling that I should know the owners. One was a strong lemongrass while the other was pleasant sandalwood.

The doors parted to reveal two vampires I knew. While one stood silently watching the Theta of the Coven train me, the other whisked me away after his mate was done training me, fed me and treated my wounds.