Chapter 23.1

A/N: I know its been long, but I had a skin infection on my finger which did not allow me to write as fast as I could. I will try to get back on track after I deal with this. 

Enjoy!

*************

An animated ring woke him up. He frowned without opening his eyes. The last time he checked, his ring tone was a new metal song. When did it turn to be a this?

But the floral scent that invaded his nose said that he was not alone. True to his nose, he felt the bed shift next to him and the weight on his chest lift.

"Hello?" she answered, her voice hoarse.

He opened one eye. What happened was not a dream? He... he really slept with her? The most beautiful werewolf he had ever met.

"Not at home, Sam," she said.

Zeke did not bother to listen to what the one on the other side had to tell her.

"Won't be coming tomorrow," she said.

The faint beep signified the call had ended and she rolled over again and laid how she was when he had woken up.

"I know you are awake, Zeke," she murmured, throwing a hand over his chest.

"Should I wake up then?" he asked, opening his eyes fully.

She woke up and blinked at him like a baby seal. "D-do you regret it?"

"Regret what?" he asked, unable to keep his hands off her smooth skin.

Right from the second Draco introduced her to him, he was attracted to her. Her sparkling eyes, her enchanting smile, her tiny button nose, her butter skin. Everything about her enticed him. Why was this perfect female not his mate?

"Yesterday," she whispered. "Last evening."

He drew lazy circles on her back. "I loved every second of it. I really..."

She waited for him to continue, but words fled him. What could he say? Tell her that he wished she was his mate? Tell her that he wanted to continue this despite knowing that they would meet their mate one day or the other?

"Really what?" she pressed.

He licked his lips to find her lingering taste. "Want to continue this."

She looked away, but she whispered, "Then let's continue."

He cleared his throat. "But when we meet our mates-"

She closed her eyes, her lashes skimming his skin. "We will think about that when it comes to it."

"You are willing to gamble?" he asked, his voice as soft as silk.

She nodded. "I... I have never felt this before, Zeke. I had a boyfriend before, but there was never this connection."

His hands rested on her waist comfortably. Like she was made to fit in his arms. "I understand."

She pressed her lips together and opened her eyes. "Are we going to make this work?"

Zeke gulped hard. "I will try my best."

She raised herself and rubbed her nose against his. "Perfect."

He chuckled. Before he could reply, his phone rung.

He groaned and reached for his phone, pulling it from the charger.

The number that flashed made him sit up. It was not from Laukris. It was from Asia. From the country where Allen was hidden.