Chapter 4

A/N: I am trying with the regular updates. Let's see if it works

Anyways, the most awaited chapter (as of now). There is one character from Aries who appears here. Try to guess who?

Enjoy!

**********

The male had striking silver eyes. I had never seen anyone with that eye colour before. But I could keep looking at his eyes forever. The eyes that mocked the camera that took the photo. The irises that languidly stroked the curiosity in people who saw them. The rest of his face was covered by the shadow of the newspaper he was reading and his forehead was hidden by the hat he wore.

But that was all I was able to get of Torre. Apparently, no one could even take a proper picture of him. Zeke had befriended a werewolf who was under Silas Verda and had pestered him for a picture of Torre. That werewolf had not been high in rank but had managed to get me only this. I refused to believe that this was the only photo of Torre on any device, considering the fact that he was ancient. But I had gotten nowhere. A few backshots and articles about the Warriors popped up. 

Was Torre a Warrior? That would explain why he could not be killed or even harmed, but that did not explain his second job. People usually took on two jobs when one job could not support them completely or when one job paid them and the other was their passion. If he was a Warrior why would he need a second job? It explained nothing. 

In the photo before me, a female in a wheelchair was next to him. She seemed to point something to Torre in the newspaper he held. What surprised me was that he was an old soul who preferred newspapers over the online inshots of news we got on our tabs.

They were in a bakery and this one was situated near the North Pack. It would be a tough time to get through this pack, the pack just like Winter Tribe having a lot of internal issues.

There was not much information about the prey I was going to hunt tonight. Usually, my hacking skills assured me that everyone had some sort of digital footprint that I could track. Everyone had something, especially after the contributions of West Pack and Spring Tribe in AI. But no, Torre had nothing on him. At times, I wondered if he had a phone or not. 

Erica slid on the seat next to Zeke, carrying a laptop in one hand and a cheesecake in the other. She pushed the laptop towards me.

Putting the tab down, I took the laptop and I was surprised at the information it had. 

"Where did you get them?" I asked, scrolling down as fast as I could. 

Erica smacked her lips after she took a bite. "The cheesecake here is to die for. And as for the information, I know someone who knows Silas Verda."

Silas Verda was a part of the mafia and how the Royal family made him submit to them, I would never know. His name was spoken with reverence when shadow struck. He was no Omicron, but it made no difference. To his people, he was their leader, their faith. There was order where he ruled and as much as people were afraid of him, people were free in a sense. A female could walk freely in his territory in a dress of her choice when being surrounded by males and still know that she could reach home safely. 

He had once offered me a choice of being his blade, but Dave made sure that I turned that offer down.

I shook my head and concentrated on the information before me. Information that might be helpful.

Torre dealt with the import and export of nearly everything to and from Laukris. His usual partner on the other continents was a company named Eventide, a company that was involved in wildlife preservation, but had also stretched its limbs into trade. Further probing revealed that it was owned by the same person who owned Light, the giant in AI that had a good partnership with West Pack.