Chapter 19

A/N: Did you enjoy the last chapter?  

Some questions may be answered in this. Enjoy the book as long as it is sweet. It may get a bit gory... in a while. Not now, but soon enough.

Enjoy for now :)

*********

After a while of Taurus blushing and Antlia choking, Niran pulled a dazed Nox on his feet.

"He still lives," Taurus muttered under his breath.

I blinked at him. "You weren't serious when you said you would kill him, were you?"

He still did not look at me. "I don't joke."

That adorable redness on his face faded when Nox and Niran looked at him. For a second, I wanted to tease him to bring that colour back, but I withheld myself. Who knew what he was thinking?

Nox gave Taurus a betrayed look. "I expected better, Taurus."

"Better to kill you?" Niran asked.

"Actually," he said. "Yes."

Antlia found her seat again. "You really do big or go home, don't you?"

Nox nodded. "That's my principle."

Niran sat a few feet away from Taurus next to whom Nox was seated. When Taurus glared at him, he stuck his tongue out.

"What brings you, two idiots, here in the middle of the night?" Taurus asked, looking at them.

I tried to find his gaze, but he purposefully avoided me. I sighed. I would talk to him. If that incident back then scared him, I might as well act as if I forgot it. If I could not have him as my lover, I would rather have him as a friend, who would stand by my side no matter what. Who would rush to my side on just a call.

This was what I was afraid of. Spoiling what we had.

"Or what?" Nox egged. "Afraid that we would see something we should not have?"

"Please!" Niran said. "Think about it. It's the middle of the night. House away from other houses. Just the two of them. Enough to say what they would have been doing had we not interfered." Then he looked at Taurus and I with a sorry face. "Sorry to interrupt you guys."

"They are right, aren't they?" Antlia asked. "I did catch you in a very compromising position. Had we not come... what would you have done?"

"Probably dying?" I said.

Taurus then glared at Niran. "If you don't shut your trap-"

"Please," Niran said in a sing-song voice. "You can't do anything to me! I am Rune's mate! You are given a job to protect Luna's family. That includes Rune and me!"

Taurus clenched his jaws and closed his eyes. "Give me strength."

"For what?" Niran asked.

I had never met anyone who wanted to die with this much eagerness. Did he not value his life anymore?

Before Taurus could snap, Nox finally acknowledged me. "So... Draco. Tell me. What were you doing in the basement with Taurus when we came down? He was shirtless and you... you were quite near."

I wanted to frown. How could he not have scented us? Scent me? My arousal must have been heavy in the air. But one glance at the Warrior, I knew he hid it. For a second, hurt like the sharpest arrow pierced my heart.

Who was I kidding? How could he ever choose me? Even if he was into males, there must have been a lot of stars in his life. Lost of people he had seen. I would be just a small figment in his life.