Chapter 12

Happy Easter! More of Taurus and Draco content. (I really enjoyed a lot writing this chapter.) So be happy.

Enjoy :)

I kept staring at the screen. That was all I could do. Now, I understood what Nox was trying to tell. No wonder Lyra had also scolded Silver for it. It was not Nox or Lyra who would suffer, it would be them.

Seconds blended to minutes. Aiko was no longer conscious. She just fell on Silver hoping ze would take care of her. After all, ze was her mate. She must have been so starved to even scent that her mate was no longer hers. That Silver was already Marked.

Was it the shock of seeing zirs mate or was it the shock of seeing her like that made Silver freeze?

"You have to leave," I said. "You have less time."

Gathering zirs wits back, ze raced out of the prison. Right to the room where the guards were waiting. I groaned. What was wrong with the Theta now?

Before I could do something, Silver screamed, "Nox!"

That star came in a blinding flash and got them both out. While the guards were looking at each other in confusion, they slowly resumed their work assuming that it had all been an illusion. I took the headphone from my ears and shut my laptop down.

What the hell just happened? 

"Nox?" he asked. "He went to the rescue?"

I nodded and then gasped at him. "Silver! Ze... Marked Mina but now-"

"-ze met zirs mate," he finished.

I nodded again. "That's-"

"Aries did tell me that Lyra warned them about this," Taurus said. "But it's their life, Draco. We can't step in it."

I frowned. "I was never going to step in. I am just worried about Aiko."

Taurus gently shook his head. "Their problem. They will solve it among themselves."

"I guess so," I mumbled.

Seeing the amount of food we had, I felt guilty and I fished my wallet. But before I could take my card out, Taurus went to the cashier and flashed a polite smile at the girl there. Without missing a beat, he paid for everything, including the coffee that I had ordered and never had.

Then as if he accomplished something, he came back and sat where he had been previously sitting.

"What in the Moon's lair did you just do?" I asked.

That self-satisfied smile broke into confusion. "I... I paid the bill?"

"You are telling me or asking me?" I huffed, packing my things.

"I paid it," he said smugly.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes. "I hope you know there's a concept. It's called sharing."

"I know," he said with a frown on his face. "I shared the food we ordered."

I groaned. "I was talking about the payment."

"Payment," he said. Then his eyes shined. "Payment for this... dinner?"

I glanced at the time on the clock and saw that it was indeed the time for dinner.

I nodded. "Yes!"

"You know," he laughed quietly. "How many would actually kill to be in your place? How many females had prayed that I would take them out? Be glad that you are the only one."

I nearly panicked. Why did no one tell me that I was out on a date with the hottest male I had ever set my eyes on? I would have put on better clothes. At least, combed my hair. But look at me. I was in my dishevelled blue shirt and a tousled hair - courtesy of running my fingers through them too frequently. My rings were still on my fingers, but I was missing one.