Chapter 6

A/N:  update for the week! Enjoy!

"Summer Coven was involved in the assassination of the Royals?" I breathed. "How did they hide in plain sight?"

Taurus pursed his lips. "Maru was involved, Draco. He was not the only one. We were following many leads and I followed Maru's. I never thought that he had a connection with Summer Coven. That's all. He hid well."

"Just how long were you trailing him?" I asked. 

"A year or so," he replied. "I was pulled into the underground fighting with Virgo. She showed me where it took place and pulled me along for betting who would win." A smile touched his face. "She would place a bet on the one who would win and make me bet on the one who would lose. She swindled my money."

Something uncomfortable raced in me. Were the drugs' effects finally wearing off? 

"There I found traces of Minoya in the fighting area. Not on the contestants though," he said. "But the influence was there. The one who organised these fights was Maru and from then on, I started to hunt him."

I gulped. "Minoya is widespread in Summer coven."

"All sorts of drugs are common in Summer Coven," he deadpanned. 

I shrugged. That was right. 

"I tried to send an intel into Summer Coven to check," Taurus said. "I just have not gotten any answer."

"Who is it?" I asked. 

He rubbed his forehead. "Just a second."

I thought he would take out a phone to call someone. 

"The name is Jintara," Taurus said. "Ring a bell?"

My body was cold when I heard that name. Somsak, the Zeta of Summer Coven shared his females with the Omicron. So, it was a surprise to the coven when he refused to share this female. Jintara had been a bartender in the capital's most elite bar. Somsak claimed her to be his mate, but whatever the reason, he refused to mark her and refused to share her with anyone. 

He found her a month ago and a week ago, we attended her funeral. 

Taurus' face smoothened. "She was caught, right?"

"She is dead," I whispered. "The Zeta said he was her mate and later on, she died."

"How?" His voice was low. 

"She was drained of blood," I said, the image of a tiny vampire completely void of blood lying in her coffin. "Her bones broken and twisted." Her body was a jumble of skin and half-bones.

"That would not kill a vampire," he said. 

"Somsak's mother said she refused any feed," I said. "And her skin... had blue and purple puncture marks. Rune said the toxicology report came to be Minoya overdose."

"Autopsy was performed?"

I shook my head. "After her death, Rune took a bit of sample."

"Dave allowed it?" Taurus asked.

I shook my head. "I have no idea. But in Summer Coven, if Rune wants some things done, he gets it done."

He narrowed his eyebrows. "Rune Bidaya?"

I wanted to get up. Sit and talk to him meeting his gaze at the same level. But these damned drugs and wounds were making it impossible for me to get up. "I thought you knew. He is Julius' son."

Taurus frowned. "I had a guess. I never knew that was where Julius hid his son."

"Hid his son?" I echoed. "I have never seen Julius in Summer Coven nor have I heard Rune talk about his father. I came to know this only recently and that too from another person."