Chapter 23

A/N: After a long time, I know. I absolutely have no excuse other than the fact that I seemed to have no energy these days. Hopefully, I will be right back on track in the next few days. 

Enjoy!

*********

To say it was awkward would be an understatement. After Kyril left, it became so painfully awkward that I practically dragged Lawan and Wirat to the guest house I was currently staying in. Taurus and Gaelan followed us while Leigh walked beside Gaelan with her kid in her arms.

Mali did take a step front when we were about to leave, but then she went back to her mate's embrace. Sorrel just turned her face.

Did Sorrel even know what she had lost? What she had given up that so many wanted to have?

Rune was laying on Niran's lap as he listened to some rock music when we reached the guest house. After seeing what Niran and Nox were doing to Antlia, I realised how much of a hazard they were to society. Instead of teaching Antlia how to fight or take care of business, they were earnestly teaching her gambling.

And by the looks of the mounts of coins by Ant's side, I could clearly see who was winning.

"Unfair!" Niran pouted when he saw us. "This girl's a monster! Look how flawlessly she is winning each round!"

Taurus came in front of me. "What the hell, Niran? What the hell are you teaching her?"

"A way to make money," Niran protested. "In this way, she would never have to be poor."

"She was never poor, to begin with," Taurus barked. "Have you seen her bank balance?"

At the warrior's statement, Antlia gave a smug grin.

Seeing her grin, Nox threw his cards down. "H-how much?"

Taurus shrugged as he sat on the round sofa. "She is the last royal. The entire treasury is hers."

Niran gaped. "All my taxes!"

Antlia's grin widened. "What about that?"

Niran pouted. "That's my money..."

"You paid your taxes." Antlia waved her hand in the air. "Now it's mine."

I sat next to Taurus; though, in his personal space, our legs did not touch each other. Far enough to be friends, close enough to leave it to other's imagination. Seeing me, Gaelan smirked, but he took a seat next to me and pulled Leigh next to him. To Taurus' other side, Wirat sat down, his body shaking like a little leaf. Lawan rolled her eyes at her mate and took her place next to him.

"Tyrant," Niran muttered. Then he flicked his mate's forehead. "Look. Your niece is so rich."

Without missing a beat, Rune said, "Aren't you too? You work for Taurus!"

Niran shrugged Rune off his lap, forcing the other male to sit up. "But who says he pays for me generously?"

"That's because I spend the money to bail you out of jail," Taurus retorted.

Hearing that, Rune blanched. He slowly turned to Taurus. "H-how much do you spend to bail him out? Yearly?"

As if he was enlightened, Nox's lips took an 'O' shape. Antlia controlled her laugh while Lawan looked at Rune with pity.

"On a good year, it was seven million," Taurus said. "On the worst... if you want to live, you don't need to hear."

Hearing the figures, I coughed lightly and looked away. Seven million on a good year? How much was it in the worst year?"