We Got a Runner

I woke up in a metal cage seeing nothing but pitch blackness and not being able to remember a thing. I try and stand up only to fall down, I try again only to fall flat on my ass again. 

"What the hell?" I say to myself saying as I'm the only one in this...thing. 

After awhile it comes to a stop, I lurch forward and land on my hands and knees, then a blinding light comes from above. I put my hand over my eyes to try and stop the light from blinding me. Once my eyes have adjusted to the light I stand up.

"It's a bloody girl!"

 I hear 'Pfffft boys, such dumb asses' I think to myself. Next thing I know the cage rattles as somebody jumped into the cage, I back up as far as I can to get away from the boy.

 "Hey Greenie I won't hurt ya." I realised that he was the one who proclaimed that I was a girl. 

I finally lift my head to see a tall boy with dirty blonde hair and warm brown eyes. His face was covered in dirt as was his clothes . As I take in his appearance he stands there and smirks at me "Like what ya see aye?" He asks. 

"Hmm. Nope." I reply, I see his smirk disappear but return a couple of seconds after. 

My eyes wonder to his hips and I notice a machete hanging there loosely, I smirk a plan forming in my mind. After a couple of minutes, he finally says something "Well the names Newt." 

"Uhh I can't exactly remember my name..." I tell him confused about the fact that I can't remember something so simple. 

"It's all good it's happened to all of us."

 "Now let's get you out of here." As he said that a rope was thrown down to us, the rope had a loop on the end. I put my foot in the loop and held on tight, I was then pulled up out of the metal cage. Once I was out I looked around only to see boys.

'Oh joy, I'm the only damn female that's in this place.' 

Once Newt was up he came over to me and told me he was going to give me the grand tour after I met Alby. After the pleasantries were out of the way, he took me on the tour. 

"Over here is the garden where we grow our crops-"

 I zoned out after that, thinking of a plan. I remembered Newts' machete that hangs on his hips. I grabbed the machete out of its sheath and ran towards the big concrete walls that had an entrance in it. I heard Newt shouting at me to stop, then shouting at others to get me.

I was running and dodging people as they made a grab for me but kept missing me, when suddenly I was tackled to the ground. I quickly pushed the person off of me and jumped to my feet getting into a fighting position, the machete in my hand ready for a fight. And I was gonna get one.

Turns out Newt is the one that tackled me, he jumped to his feet and pulled out a spear. "What were you thinking!" He shouted.

"Nothing." I simply replied with a shrug of my shoulders, I then made a jab for his stomach but he blocked it with the spear.

I smirked. 'This is gonna be good.' I thought to myself and made jab for his arm this time, only to be blocked again. 

It went on like that for a couple of minutes until I saw an opening chance and took it. He favoured one of his legs so I ran around him and kicked him behind the knees, once he was on the ground I jumped on him and pinned his arms above his head. 

As I was sitting on him I saw him smirk and then heard him chuckle, "What's so funny?" I asked.

"This." I was suddenly on my back with Newt on top of me with my arms pinned above my head. I looked down to see him straddling my waist and saw he had his legs locked over mine so I couldn't kick.