It's All My Fault!

When I woke up Newt had his head on my stomach and his arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled at him and ran my fingers through his dirty and messy hair. "Love wake up now." I said to him. Newt only groaned in response and tried to hide his head further in my stomach. 

I sighed and tried to get up, which only ended up making Newt tighten his grip around my waist. I rolled my eyes and did the only thing I could think of. I flipped the hammock. So my plan didn't go as well as I planed because Newt fell on top of me. 

I made a strange sound that I didn't  even know I could make. I pushed Newt off me and jumped up. I quickly changed my cloths to ones that actually fit me and ran outside to see Minho and Tom off before they go into the maze. 

I had to run really fast to catch them before they left. When I did I gave Minho a massive hug and told him to be careful I did the same to Tom. When they were out of site I sighed and leaned against the Maze wall. 

I looked up to see Newt walking my way, I looked back at the ground and slid down the Maze wall. I saw out of the corner of my eye Newt sit down next to me. I felt Newt wrap his arms around me and pulled me into his side, I put my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. 

For a minute it felt like every thing was alright, it felt like we weren't stuck in this fucked up place, it felt like we weren't struggling to survive, it felt like we weren't being held in a dumb place. I sighed and enjoyed the peace. But all good things come to an end right?

I opened my eyes and looked at Newt, he was already looking at me, I smiled at him and looked in his eyes. His eyes held love and awe. I kissed his cheek and stood up brushing the dirt and grass of my ass. 

I walked over to the kitchen to help Frypan cook. After I helped Frypan with the cooking I went and walked around for a while.

*Time Skip*

It was only 5 minutes before the Maze walls would close and I was beginning to panic again. I looked at the maze entrance wanting to run in to there and find them, 2 minutes now, I saw two figures running towards us I started screaming at them to hurry as the walls had already started to close. 

They had made it just in time, I smiled and hugged them both. I sighed in relief and let go of them.I looked at Minho and saw he had a small amount of worry on his face, I looked over at Tom and saw that he had a small amount of worry on his face as well. 

We had started to walk over to the main shack, Newt walking over to join us, as we were walking Tom was telling us about the door they found in section seven. I thought over section seven remembering the way it looked. "I myself have been to section seven and never saw any doors." I sad to Tom. 

Tom looked at me then held out this weird thing that had the same letters that are on the supplies we get.  I took the strange thing out of his hand and looked over it, "That was inside a griever Min-" Tom started to say but as soon as he said it was inside a griever I dropped it on the ground and started to wipe my hands on my pants. 

Tom, Minho and Newt started laughing at me, "Not funny guys." I grumbled, Tom picked up the thing that was inside the griever and said, "The reason you didn't see the door was because this." He gestured to the thing-a-majig, "Needs to activate it." He said. "Ohhhhhhh, that makes more sense now." I replied. 

"Oh yeah by the way almost forgot,Newt." Newt looked over at me when I said his name, "Hmm." he replied, "Next time, your doing the washing." I said and ran off not letting him have a say. I laughed and ran over to the Med Jacks area. "Hey Band-aid and Bandage." I said to them. Yeah I keep forgetting their names so I just call them Band-aid and Bandage. 

They both replied at the same time with a simple "Hey." I laughed, sometimes I swear they are like connected. "Need any help with anything?" I asked them. "Nahh were good Jinx, you can go." Band-aid said. 

I walked out of the Med-Jacks hut and walked over to the deadheads and sat down near a grave that was very special to me. It was one of my best friends who was more like an older brother to me. It was Brody. I leaned against his grave and started to whisper.

"Brody, I miss you heaps, life in the Glades is different with out you, it's boring." I said, I heard footsteps before I saw the person. I sniffled and leaned my head against the grave again as tear started to fall down my slightly rosy cheeks.

I saw Minho sit beside me and I turned my head to look at him and smiled softly at him. I laid my head on his shoulder as more tears started to fall down. Minho put his arm around my shoulders and started to hug me whispering comforting words in my ear. 

I was now balling my eyes out saying that if it wasn't for me Brody would still be here. Brody died trying to save me, We were in the Maze when he died. It happened when I was trying to get a better look of the Maze and climbed up the ivy. 

Brody was a runner with me, we usually did runs together. When I fell Brody caught me but I had hit my leg on the fall down. When he caught me he started to run as I was screaming in pain but he tripped over a rock and fell down. 

we manged to get up but he had broken his ankle, so we had used each other for support. I turned around as I heard the sound of metal on concrete, I saw a griever walking around and it had spotted us. I yelped and tried to limp faster telling Brody to hurry up.

he turned around and saw the griever as well and started hurry as well. Brody tripped over when we were a couple of meters from the Maze entrance I had tried to pull him but the griever had grabbed his leg and dragged him backwards I screamed at him to try and get free.

I saw Minho and Newt run past but it all went in slow motion, I saw Brody get stabbed in the heart by the griever I screamed "Bloody Murder!" and started to cry even harder. Newt picked me up and carried me to the Med-Jacks but I was passed out.

 After I remembered the reason he died I started to cry even harder. Minho started to hush me telling me it isn't my fault, "You don't get it Minho!" I shouted at him. "It is my fault, if it wasn't for me climbing the Maze wall he would still be here!" I shouted again. "I'm sorry Minho, I'm just struggling at the moment." I whispered.

"It's alright Jinx, I understand." I smiled at him and my eyes started to drop. I was asleep in seconds.

A/N

Hey guys,

I know I said it would take me awhile to update for me. but I managed to get this one up YAY! but I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!!!!

Dancing-with-dragons