Getting Out Of This Hell Hole

We were all waiting out the front of the slammer waiting for Thomas to wake up so we could tell him what happened. Thomas suddenly woke up with a gasp and looked around at us. "Guys?" He asked us. "Yeah?" I said back. 

Thomas looked at Teresa and said "We put them here, we were with them, we helped build this place." I looked at Thomas and Teresa in shock and then looked at Newt to see him already looking at me. I turned my attention back to Thomas and Teresa. 

"Gally has everyone convinced that you guys are the problem." Newt said to them, I nodded my head and then said "Yeah he's gonna do something soon, we tried to stop him but he said that if we did we would join you in the slammer." I saw Thomas nod his head. 

"Alright well here is the plan." Thomas said. After explaining what to do we all nodded our heads and then we left. "Chuck go get the bags and things ready for when we leave." I said to Chuck. He nodded his head and ran to go get the stuff ready. 

I had just gotten some food when I saw Teresa and Thomas getting dragged over to the entrance of the maze. I ran over to where they were and saw Teresa getting tied to a wooden pole and Thomas was 'Un-conscious.'  

Gally started talking but I was zoned out thinking of the rest of the plan. I came back to the normal world when Thomas ramed his elbow into one of the gladers stomach that was holding him. I walked over to Thomas, Teresa and Newt. When I was beside Newt he put his arm around me and held me close. 

"Gally is lying to you all, you will all die if you stay here." Thomas said, Chuck came over with bags and things, I grabbed my bag and handed Newt his bag. Some more gladers joined us and we ran into the maze with Minho, Thomas and I leading us to section 7.  

Once we got there Minho looked around the corner but quickly turned around to look at us and whispered "There's a griever." I looked around and made sure we didn't loose anyone, once I made sure I nodded at Thomas and Minho. 

"Alright, we're all gonna charge in there at once to give it a scare then we attack it with all we've got." Thomas said to us. I nodded my head and we all ran around the corner and started to charge at the girever. "Chuck stay back with Teresa and Jinx." Thomas said. 

"WHAT!" I shouted at him "That's not fair! I'm one of the best runners here!" I shouted at him "I can get to the door quickly!" I shouted again. "NO JINX!" Newt shouted at me, "BUT-" I was cut of by Newt shouting at me again "I SAID NO JINX!" 

I huffed and stayed behind knowing it was useless to argue. Chuck dropped the thing and ran to grab it before it fell over the edge. I ran and grabbed his shirt because he was half way over the edge, "Ahhh pull me up, pull me up!!" Chuck shouted at me, "I am!" I shouted back. 

I pulled Chuck up and ran over to were the door was with Teresa on our heels, once we got to the end the concrete started to go up and doors appeared. We ran through and to the end were something quickly scanned us. then a red light screen thing came up. 

"It won't open!" I screamed, "Thomas it's a code, eight numbers!" Teresa said to Thomas. Thomas mumbled something to himself then shouted at Minho "Minho what the sequence?" "What!" Minho shouted back "The maze number sequence!" He shouted back at him. 

"Seven, one." He said and stabbed the griever again, "Five, two." and made a dodge from the griever, "Six, four." "HEADS UP!" Newt shouted, they all looked up and screamed. Then a griever landed on top of Minho "MINHO!" I shouted at him. 

Then I saw Band-aid stab the griever through the head with a spear and hold onto it. "NO!" I shouted and tried to run up to him and grab him, but just as I got to the group someone grabbed my waist and held me back. I struggled and cried. 

"Quick Minho whats the rest of the sequence!" Teresa shouted. "Six, four, eight, three you got it?!" Minho continued from where he left off. I looked back to see that the screen thing rotated and soon opened up, the rest of the group ran over to them and waited quickly. 

I screamed as I saw the griever were gaining on us, I started to struggle again trying to get my words out but I couldn't seem to form any words. The walls started to fall from the roof and crushed to grievers and we all sighed in relief, then it all went black and we fell down. 

After a couple of minutes a door opened slowly and we all looked at each other then walked out into the light. I held onto Newt scared out of my mind, tears were rolling down my cheeks and I couldn't stop them. Then more lights turned on and went down a long hall way, we looked at each other again and followed the light. 

After about 10 minutes of walking we came to a door that said 'Exit.' "You've got to be kidding me." Frypan said. I smiled slightly at the statement and then looked up at Newt. We all walked through the door and saw dead bodies every were. I gasped and his my head in Newts' chest trying not to let more tears fall. 

We kept walking until we got to a massive opening that had heaps of science stuff in it, I looked around in awe at the set up they had here.  I walked around with Newt and we came up to a screen that showed the glade, "So they have been watching us." Newt whispered.

I nodded my head in response and then looked at a screen that showed the Glade at a different angle. "Hmm" I said, I shrugged my shoulders brushing it off. I kept walking around when a big screen opened up and I walked towards it with Newt at my heels.

"Hello my name is Ava Paige." Said a blonde woman on the screen, I zoned out because it looked boring but came back to my senses when I heard a loud *BANG* I turned my attention to see Gally standing there with a gun in his hand and a thing from the inside of a griever. 

"Gally what are you doing?" I asked him but then saw a griever sting on his neck, "You can't leave, we all belong to the Maze, it owns us." Gally said, "Guys be careful he's gotten stung." I said to them. After I said that Newt pulled me closer to him by my waist. "Gally we can go, we're free." Thomas tried to reason with him. 

"We will never be free, and if I'm staying then so are you." Then he pulled the trigger and Chuck jumped in front of Thomas and Minho threw a spear into Gallys' heart. I screamed and looked at Chuck my eyes widen when I see what happened to him. "CHUCK!" I screamed. 

I ran over to him just as he fell, "No, no, no, no, no, Chuck hang in there buddy, stay with me." I kept repeating over and over again. Thomas fell down next to me, Chuck handed him some thing and said "Give this to them please." "No Chuck remember I said you were going to give it to them yourself." Thomas said in panic. 

"Jinx, I have always thought you as a mum." I started to ball my eyes out as he said that. Then Chuck handed me a wooden pendent stained with a small amount of his blood. "No Chuck you can't do this to us." I said to him. Chuck eyes' finally closed and he took his last breath.

I cried harder then I have ever cried before. Doors opened but I wasn't paying attention I just kept my focus on Chuck. I was grabbed from behind and the person started to drag me away from Chuck. I started screaming at the person and started to struggle. I closed my eyes and finally found my feet and started to run. I found Newt and quickly ran to him. 

We were put in a helicopter and we were lifted into the air. I lay my head on Newts' shoulder and just let the tears fall, I look down at the wooden pendent Chuck gave me and just ran my fingers over it. I sighed and looked out the window and saw the maze. 

I gasped and looked around at the remaining survivors. I lay my head back on Newts' shoulder and closed my eyes. 

'I have a feeling this isn't over.' 

I thought to myself. 

To Be Continued.

A/N

HEY GUYS!!!!
So I have decided to do a sequel to The Hard Truth. But I'm gonna finish my other story first, and I'm gonna wait for the Scorch Trials movie to come out. so I am happy that I have finished this story!! 

I'm really glad you guys kept me on my toes about updating it haha. I almost cried writing this chapter haha. any way I hope you enjoyed it. 

BYE FOR NOW

Dancing-with-dragons