All Is Lost......Or Is It?

When I got up I was still a bit scared from my nightmare last night so I was a bit jumpy. I walked out after getting changed and went straight over to get some food, once I got my food I sat down with Minho and the other runners. 

During my meal Minho spoke up "Hey Jinx?" "hmmm." I replied "Newt said you could go on your run today, but Ably and I are coming with you, in case anything happens." MInho replied. At that moment I did't care whether Minho or Alby came with me I was just happy to get out of the Glade for a little bit. 

As soon as I was finished I went straight to get my running gear on. After I put it all on I ran outside to see Minho and Alby standing thee waiting for me, I smiled at them and we walked over to the Maze entrance. With a quick glance at each other we all ran inside the Maze. 

After a bit things grew way to quite, even for the Maze. The quietness seemed eerie, I looked around to see if I could spot any thing out of the ordinary. I looked down a 'Hall way' and saw a Griever, I nearly screamed but I quickly held my hand over my mouth and hid behind the wall. 

I crept along the wall till I was back to Minho and Alby. I finally dropped my hand from my mouth and whispered "Griever." So quietly I think they had to strain their ears to hear. But they heard. A look of shock and fear washed over both of their faces. 

I motioned my hands to tell them to run, we had started running when the griever jumped in front of us, I gave out a scream of fear as the horrible creature gave a spine shuddering roar. Minho and I turned around so fast that I think I got whiplash, but Alby wasn't so lucky. He got stung by the griever. 

Minho and I grabbed Alby and started running to the Maze entrance, the gates will be closing soon. We were so close to the entrance and I could practically smell the glades. Minho and I had one of Albys' arms around one of our shoulders each. 

I had stumbled when we saw the entrance and sprained my ankle, that hurt like a bitch. I looked up to see Minho worried face, "GET ALBY OUT OF HERE NOW!" I screamed at Minho, he nodded his head and started to drag Albys' limp body towards the entrance. 

I stood up and hopped along as fast as I could, I had some how managed to get in front of Minho and out onto the Glade and collapsed in a heap on the ground. I started screaming at Minho to hurry up and get his ass out of the Maze.

The Maze walls started to close I panicked and tried to get up only to fall down, I tried and tried but I kept falling down. So I just sat on the ground and screamed at him to try and hurry. But I knew he wouldn't make it.

I saw Thomas run in the Maze, Newt had tried to get him but he was to late Thomas had just signed his own death certificate. I screamed bloody murder and cried my eyes out knowing that I would never get to see my best friend ever again. 

I stayed there even though every one had left to continue their jobs. I just sat there and cried, I kept saying things like "I'm so stupid, I never should have gone in there." And "I'm so sorry Minho, I'm so so sorry." 

I just sat there and cried occasionally mumbling things to myself. I felt a hand on my shoulder I did't bother to look at the person, I just sat there. I then felt the person sit down behind me and pull me into their chest. 

I buried my face in their chest knowing that it was Newt. By now I was just balling my eyes out, sad that I had lost someone so close to me. I felt Newt rubbing small circles on my back trying to comfort me, "It's all my fault, Minho is stuck in the Maze because of me." I said to Newt.

"Love it's not your fault." he said and kissed the top of my head. I just hid my head in his chest and started to cry again. I had soon fell asleep due to how much I cried and how much I had ran. 

When I woke up I felt like shit. It was now dark and I was in mine and Newts' hammock. I got out of the hammock and went over to the Maze entrance and sat down at the entrance. I had sat there for about an hour before I heard the sound of footsteps and saw the glow of a fire torch.

Turns out it was Chuck, my other best friend although Chuck was more of a little brother to me. Chuck sat down next to me and leaned the torch up against the Maze wall. "You okay?" Chuck asked.

I only shook my head and stared at the starless sky, "It's my fault that Minho, Alby and Thomas are in there Chuck." I said. "No it's not Jinx, they will come out of the Maze tomorrow I know it." Chuck said excitedly. I only laughed a sad laugh.

Some times I wish I had this kids enthusiasm. We had just sat there in a comfortable silence when we heard another set of footsteps. I looked up to see Newt standing above me with a sad smile on his face. He held two blankets. 

Newt gave one of the blankets to Chuck and gave the other one to me, I smiled and thanked him. When Newt sat down I threw the blanket around his shoulders and sat in his lap, Newt wrapped his arms around me and put his chin on top of my head. 

After awhile we all fell asleep on the Maze walls.

A/N

Hey Guys thanks for all the Votes, I'm so happy about that *Does happy dance* give your self a cookie guys thanks for reading my story. A shout out to my friend. she is writing a story called 'Feigned Ignorance' her name is tashjoy_ its a good book so far.

thanks guys thats all bye for now

Dancing-with-dragons