Quarantine Part 2

Description: Just some scenarios about what quarantine would have been like for the band. The boys are alive in this and each POV is a different day.

Note: Willie and Alex don't know each other

REGGIE'S POV
The television plays in the background as I scroll through my phone, looking at the pictures when I was allowed to go outside. When I could hang out with friends and have fun. My stomach growls. I sigh and get up to get some food out of the pantry. It was empty. I open my fridge. It's completely empty. I groan inwardly. Looks like I have to face the chaos and get some food at the store. I look at my appearance in the mirror. That also means that I need to clean myself up, take a shower, comb my hair, put on some clean clothes. After a half hour of getting ready, I find myself pulling my shoes on, something I haven't worn in over three months. They feel weird to wear. I fish my ghost mask out of my drawer in the foyer and head out to my bike. I never bothered to learn how to drive since Luke always drove us everywhere. Today, that choice will cost me. I arrive at the store to see a large line at the entrance. Great, looks like I'm going to have to wait. I wait in line for an hour, scrolling through my phone until I get bored, observing other people and making sure they all keep their distance from me. I finally get inside and I quickly get everything I need to survive. Cookies, fruit gushers, fruit rollups, cake, chocolate bars, toilet paper, pizza, many, many boxes of pizza, chips, ice cream. Basically, you name it, I bought it. I get outside and whip my mask off, before realizing how hard it's going to be to get all of this food home. Thankfully, I only live about a block away from the store so it won't be too far. I struggle to get it home but, after trying for 45 minutes, I manage to get it all home in one piece. When I get home, I put a pizza in the oven right away. The rest of the food I put away, in cupboards, in the fridge, left on the counter, wherever. I sit back down on the couch, and start drawing in my notebook. I decide to draw the band. First, I draw Alex behind the drums, then Luke with his guitar and Julie at her piano, singing into her microphone. I decide to draw Flynn there too, cheering us on from the sidelines, being our encouragement. Finally, I draw me with my bass, singing with Luke at his microphone. I sigh, wishing we could play music together again. I get a ding on my phone and I pick it up to discover that I have a notification from instagram. I open it up and see that Natalie, a long lost friend of mine messaged me. I smile. I haven’t spoken to Natalie in years, not since she moved away with her family. I message her back, a silly grin plastered across my face. I get up to grab my pizza from the oven and put it on a plate with a fork and knife. Natalie and I message back and forth for about an hour, catching up on each other's lives. Turns out, she moved back to L.A. We make plans to have a socially distanced visit at her place in a few days. I can't wait! Turns out, something good did come out of this Covid quarantine!

ALEX'S POV
I have never realized how productive one can be when stuck at home for three months. For years, I had a massive pile of books that I have been wanting to read and now, I'm out of books and busy being a fanboy because of them. I've written so much fanfiction for the books! Writing fanfiction is fun. It's like telling a story as if you are really there, even though you aren't. I also spent three whole days cleaning my apartment. I started with my closet, going through old clothes; what fits, what doesn't, what I wanted to keep and what I didn't. I discovered so many old objects that I completely forgot I had. I found an old Game Boy I had when I was six, my first yoyo from when I was eight, old pictures from when I was growing up, and my personal favourite, my first set of drumsticks. I haven’t seen those in years. Once I was done in my closet, I moved on to my dressers, doing the same thing, cleaning out what I wanted to keep and what I didn't want to keep. Everything I didn't want to keep, I decided to give to charity, which was a lot. I then cleaned out my fridge and freezer, and all the cupboards. I clened everything in my apartment, top to bottom. I started a puzzle, which took me a week to finish and by then, a month had gone by since quarantine started. I decided to try some arts and crafts and became especially good at origami. I got bored of that quickly, mainly after I painted twelve pictures with nowhere to put them. I even dyed my hair a blue colour. I posted some new pictures on instagram and watched some YouTube and Netflix. I became obsessed with Marvel for a while, wrote some fanfiction for it even. There was one show in particular that I loved, called Cobra Kai. It's a runoff from the Karate Kid which I love, so it makes sense why I loved it. Now, there is nothing left to do and I'm bored again. I look at my phone to see if I have any notifications. Nada. Zippo. No notifications. I put my phone down again, trying to figure something out to do. I pick my phone up again, checking to see if I have any new notifications again because, you know, I could have gotten one in the last ten seconds. I think about the band. You know what? Just because we are in quarantine and can't see each other in person, who's saying that we can't still make music and hang out with each other? There are other ways of communication. I call Luke on Facetime. He picks up.
"Hey Alex! How's it going?" He asks, hair out of place, looking like he just woke up, making me chuckle.
"I'm good. How are you? You look like you just woke up."
"Good. Bored out of my mind, but good. And nah, I didn't just wake up. I've actually been extremely productive today, staring at my ceiling and all. How about you? What have you been up to, eh?"
"I was uh, thinking and who says we can't still make music?" I ask him.
"Well, we aren't supposed to get together with other people." He says.
"Yeah, but there are other ways to communicate. We are doing it right now." I tell him. "Give me a second." I call Julie and Reggie on Facetime as well, before deciding to call Flynn too. Their faces pop up on the screen, smiling at us.
"Hey guys!" Juie exclaims.
"Hey guys!" Flynn says, drawing out the 'ay'.
"Wassup?" I roll my eyes at Reggie. Still the same old Reggie I remember.
"Hey Jules! Hey Reg! Hey Flynn!" I exclaim back. "So, I was thinking, and who's saying that we can't keep making music together?" Julie chuckles.
"Um, everybody. We're in quarantine. Can't go outside? Sound familiar?" Jules asks, raising an eyebrow.
"Nobody is saying anything about going outside." I reply. "We can do it right here. Over Facetime. Sure, it'd be different bjt at least we can still do it." I say, trying to seem hopeful.
"Sounds like a good idea to me!" Flynn exclaims.
"Sure, why not? Besides, I miss you guys and if I can see you guys everyday, I'm in!" Reggie chimes.
"Sure, let's do it!" Luke says. Julie nods.
"Let's do this." Luke immediately pulls out some papers he had beside him.
"I actually have a song to show you guys."

THIRD PERSON POV
Luke pulls out his papers for Unsaid Emily. He shares them with the rest of the band and together, they come up a way for everybody to be incorporated into it. Theh even found a small spot for Flynn to rap and for Alex and Reggie to have their own solos.
Luke: First things first
We start the scene in reverse
All of the lines rehearsed
Disappeared from my mind
When things got loud
One of us running out
I should have turned around
But I had too much pride
Luke and Julie: No time for goodbyes
Didn't get to apologise
Pieces of a clock that lies broken
If I could take us back
If I could just do that
Luke: And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
Alex: If you could only know
I never let you go
Reggie: And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily
Silent days
Mysteries and mistakes
Who'd be the first to break?
Guess we're alike that way
Flynn: He said, she said
Conversations in my head
And that's just where they're gonna stay forever
If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
Julie: If you could only know
I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
Unsaid Emily
Luke: If I could take us back
If I could just do that
And write in every empty space
The words I love you in replace
Then maybe time would not erase me
If you could only know
I never let you go
And the words I most regret
Are the ones I never meant to leave
All: Unsaid Emily
Each day, the band spends hours on end together, doing what they love together. Eventually, quarantine ended and they were able to get together in person to play their music for the first time in ages.

Hey guys. What did you think of that chapter? The ending was a little rushed, I know. But I wanted to get this out amd I'm fairly busy right now. I hope you enjoyed. I would like to add that I love Unsaid Emily exactly how it was but I wanted to add everybody else into a song and Unsaid Emily was the first one I thought of. Also, thank you guys for all of your support! This book just reached 1.24k reads! You guys are so amazing! I love you guys so much! Thank you for all of your support and requests and amazing comments! Remember to comment and vote! Thank you again for all of the support and kind words! Stay safe and stay positive! ♥
-Emily ♥