Home Is Where My Horse Is: Ruke

Description: Basically just the origins of the song Home is Where My Horse Is, but with a bit of Ruke.

This was requested by _Aaguss__

Warning: Maybe a little sad Reggie, fighting parents (Reggie's) I don't know a lot about horses. Please let me know if any information is wrong! I would love the feedback♥

Note: Most of it takes place in 1995 (before the guys died) but some of it takes place in 2020 (you should be able to tell when this is) Also, I don't know Reggie's parents' names so I kinda just wrote the first ones that came to mind so please don't judge them :)

REGGIE'S POV

"Home is where my horse is?" Julie asks, flipping through Luke's songbook. I smile, remembering the day I put that in there years ago. Luke looks at me.

"Reggie, how many times do I have to tell you to stop putting your country music in my book?" He asks. I frown.

"That was a gift man." He looks back at Julie, wanting to show her some of his music. I look at Alex and he shrugs, placing a hand on my arm, trying to comfort me a little.

"I'm sorry man." Images of flashbacks from before we died start to flash through my mind. My horse, Luke, my parents fighting. Everything comes rushing back. Luke interrupts my thoughts by exclaiming about stolen music? I totally missed a converstaion somewhere. Luke walks out and I start to go back to the day I wrote Home Is Where My Horse Is.

"Really Harold? You are going to blame him for your gambling problem?" My mother yelled at my father, pointing to me.

"Yes, Amanda, I am blaming him!" My father spits back at her. "If we never had him, I could stay home and wouldn't be out gambling all the time." He raises his voice even more, turning away from us and I cower slightly. My mother puts a hand on my arm.

"Why don't you go to your room or go out and see your friends?" She whispers. I nod and quickly make my way to my room. I put my headphones over my ears and push them in harder to drown out the sound of my parents fighting downstairs. No luck. Finally, I decide to get out of the house for a bit.

Luke comes back into the studio, pulling me from my thoughts.

"Hey Reg, want to come to the beach with me to go for a walk?" I smile and nod. Any alone time I can get with my boyfriend, the better! "Come on, let's go." He grabs my hand and we poof down to the beach.

After we walk about half the length of the beach, Luke turns to look at me.

"Alright, what's wrong?" I look at him.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, raising my eyebrows. "You're really quiet and you keep doing that thing where you get all weird and stare off into space."

"Nothing is wrong, I promise." He regards me for an extra second.

"It's one of tose cheerleaders, isn't it?"

"What? No! There's nobody! Luke, there's nothing wrong!" Luke starts muttering to himself.

"Oh my ghost! I should have seen this coming sooner! Who is it? Is it Kayla? Carrie? Oh my ghost! You're leaving me for Kayla, aren't you!"

"Luke!" I exclaim, placing my hand on his shoulder. "I'm not leaving you. I promise, I will be by your side no matter what for as long as we both live, or exist I guess since we're already dead. But I promise that I will always be by your side. I love you." He blinks, probably blinking back tears.