Ruke (Request)

Description: The boys and Julie go to the beach for the day and Luke and Reggie spend the day doing what Reggie wants to do. At the end of the day, they cuddle with each other. The boys are alive and everybody is 17.

Warnings: None (that I can think of)

This was requested by MichelleTanner06. I hope you like it! Thanks so much for the request!

THIRD PERSON POV

The group was sitting around in the studio, bored out of their minds. Julie was laying on the couch, Alex had himself draped across a chair, tossing a ball in the air over and over, and Luke was laying on the ground with Reggie's head on his chest, despite the heat. "Guys, I'm bored." Reggie whined, dragging out the "or".
"Well, what do you want to do?" Alex asked, tossing the ball in the air yet again. Reggie shrugged before an idea came to mind.
"Let's go to the beach! Make a day out of it!" He exclaimed. Reggie loved the beach. He loved swimming and laying in the sun and playing beach volleyball. "Please?" He begged. Luke smiled at his boyfriend's cuteness.
"That sounds like it could be fun." Julie replied.
"Great idea, babe." Luke said, placing a kiss on Reggie's lips, making him giggle. The group quickly gathers their supplies for the beach, which didn't take too long. They always keep their beach supplies in the corner of the studio in the summer just in case they decided to go to the beach at the last minute, much like they did today. They piled into the van, Alex at the wheel. Reggie was so excited, he wouldn't stop talking the entire ride.
"I want to go swimming! And play beach volleyball! And lay in the sun! And build a sandcastle! And-and-" he exclaimed.
"Okay, okay. Calm down there Reg. We'll have lots of time to do all of that." Luke says to his boyfriend with a chuckle.
"I'm just so excited! I love the beach!" They pull into the parking lot at the beach. Reggie climbs out of the van at lightning speed and grabs his bag of supplies, ready to go in seconds. "Let's go, let's go, let's go. Come on Luke!" He takes off running towards the beach. Luke chuckles, following close behind. Reggie finds the perfect spot with the right amount of sun and shade. He pulls out his sunscreen and starts applying it all over his body.
"Babe, can you get my back with the sunscreen please?" Reggie asks when Luke gets there. Luke applies the sunscreen to Reggie's back and Reggie turns around when he finished. "Your turn! Turn around babe. The sun kills millions of people a year and we don't need you to be one of them. You aren't dying without me." After all of the sunscreen had been applied, Reggie got a wide smile on his face. Everybody knew exactly what he was thinking.
"Reggie, can't we wait until after we've settled in for a bit to play volleyball?" Julie complained. "I want to enjoy the beach first." Reggie got a sad look on his face and Luke knew he was about to burst. He quickly stepped in.
"Hey babe, while we are waiting, why don't we go build a sandcastle?" Reggie started jumping up and down.
"Yay! A sandcastle! I love building sandcastles!" He exclaims. The two of them go and find the perfect spot to create a sandcastle and get to work. Reggie fills up his bucket with some sand and packs it all in, before turning the bucket upside down to start making the base of the castle. After about an hour of building, they finally have a giant castle of sand and shells and Reggie is burying Luke in the sand, as Luke laughs, causing the sand around him to shake.
"Babe." Luke laughs. "Am I able to come out now?" Reggie throws himself into a hug over the sand Luke.
"Never! You will forever be trapped in this sand and we will always be together." Reggie giggles, still hugging the sand. Julie and Alex walk up to them.
"Well, we were going to ask if you wanted to play volleyball now but it looks like you are busy with something else." Alex chuckles. Reggie immediately jumps off of Luke and starts unburying him.
"No, no, no. We want to play! Right Luke?" Reggie asks, turning to his boyfriend and giving him puppy dog eyes.
"Of course, Reggie!" They start a game, Luke and Alex versus Reggie and Julie. They play six games, and it comes to a tie.
"We can't end on a tie! We need a rematch to see who really wins!" Reggie exclaims when the others were going get ready to go back to the studio. They all chuckle. They play one more game. Reggie and Julie win by two points. Afterwards, they take a quick swim in the water and decide to sit and watch the sunset before heading back to the studio. At Julie's place, Alex decided to take a quick shower and Julie went to get changed in her room. Luke and Reggie quickly get changed in the studio and lay on the couch, cuddled up to one another. Reggie looks up at Luke, admiration and love in his eyes.
"Luke?"
"Yeah, Reggie?"
"I had a lot of fun today. Thank you."
"I had a lot of fun too." Luke hesitates before adding, "I love you Reggie." It was the first time he had ever said that.
"I love you too Luke." Reggie smiles, pressing his lips lightly against Luke's. It was the first time either of them had said I love you and it wouldn't be their last time either.

Hey guys. Two chapters in one day! I hope you are enjoying this book so far! Thank you to everyone who has made a request! It means so much that you guys are giving your support! Don't forget to comment and vote! I will update as soon I can! Have a great day / night / whatever time it is for you :)  Have a very Merry Christmas! Stay safe!
-Emily ♥