Sweatshirts: Ruke (Request)

Description: This is based on the song Heather by Conan Gray. I would definitely recommend that you check out this song. It's really good! The boys were born in Julie's time period.

Requested byAnimeShipper22 Thank you so much for your request! I hope you like it!

Warning: A little gross (gets sick) a little sad (but gets happy)

Note: I have never written anything based on a song before so I hope this turns out okay.

REGGIE'S POV

As I sit in the studio with the band, I can't help but think back to December, the day Luke and I sat by the beach, watching as the sun set on the water.

It was a chilly night, the wind blowing sending shivers down my spine. He gave me his sweatshirt to wear. I smiled as he wrapped it around my shoulders as I felt my cheeks flush. We sat there for a few moments before I pulled it tighter around me, taking in the sweet scent of Japanese cherry blossoms coming frm his sweatshirt. I smile. Japanese cherry blossom is my favourite scent. It reminds me of Luke. I felt a blush creeping p into my cheeks. He nudged me.

"I think you look better in that sweatshirt than I do. He joked. I blushed even harder.

"I don't think so. I don't think it's possible." He had only chuckled.

I snap back to reality as I see Luke laughing with Julie. I feel a twinge of jealousy.

"Hey guys, why don't we do something. Just the four of us?" Alex suggests. We all agree. "We could go see a movie?"

"Yeah we could. The movie theatre isn't too far from here so we could walk down." Julie says.

"Good idea Jules." Luke agrees. We all put our instruments away and start walking down the street towards the movie theatre. I didn't realize that it was going to be so cold tonight, otherwise I would have brought a sweatshirt. I see Julie shiver ahead of me. Luke rushes to place his sweatshirt over her shoulders, the way he did for me, many months ago. My heart clenches, wshing that could be me. I love Julie but sometimes, I wish she didn't exist. I know that it's selfish of me to think like that but, I wish I was her. I wish I was Julie and that Luke would look at me the way he looks at Julie, the way I look at him. He places his arm arounfd her shoulder and I shiver, but not from the cold.

"You know what?" I say, stopping abruptly. "I don't-I don't really feel that great. I'm going to head back to the studio. You guys have fun." I turn around.

"Reggie, are you okay? I hear them ask, but I keep walking, shivering even more. I feel like I'm going to throw up. Why does this bother me so much? It's just some polyester. I get back to the studio and flop down on Luke's couch, taking in the scent. My heart clenches even more and I run into the bathroom. I vomit into the toilet. I rinse out my mouth and walk back into the main room. I grab my bass and sit down, strumming it softly, trying to take my mind off of Luke. It doesn't work. I want to throw my bass across the room, but I refrain.

It killes me, the thought that I will never be half as pretty to Luke as Julie is to him. Tears start leaking from my eyes. I try to hold them back but I fail. She's got him mesmerized with a beauty that I could never compare to. I see them walking up the path to the studio, Julie's hand entwined with Luke's. That just hurts even more. I quickly make my way to the bathroom, making sure to get out of the room before they get there. I curl up into a ball in the cornee behind the door. I don't wat anybody to come in here.

"Reggie?" I hear Julie call. No wonder Luke likes her so much. She's a literal angel. She doesn't even realize that I am so ghosting jealous of her. "Reggie, it's Julie. Come on, I knkw you're in here." She calls again. I silently sob. How could I have been so stupid? He'd never like a stupid loser like me. I hear a soft knock on the other side of the door.

"Reggie?" This time it's Luke. "Reggie, please let me in." He begs. I curl in on myself even more. It hurts to hear him begging me to let him in. It hirts even more knowing he doesn't really care about me. "Reggie please?" I slowl move away from the door and he manages to push it open. Upon seeing me sobbing on the floor, he immediately rushes over and pulls me in to him. "Hey hey. Shh. It's okay. You're okay." He getly rubs my back and rocks me back and forth slowly. Once I calm down a little bit, he pulls away. "What's wrong?" I pull away from his grasp.

"I'm fine." I say, quickly wiping away tears, not daring to look at him.

"Reggie, you know I know that's not true. I know you too well."

"Obviously not well enough." I mumble.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, just forget I said anything." I say, standing up to walk out of the bathroom. He grabs my hand, pulling me back.

"Reggie, we aren't leaving this bathroom until I find out what's wrong okay? So please, let me in. Tell me what's wrong."

"I like you okay?" I blurt out. His eyes widen. "Ever since I met you, I have liked you. But you like Julie and watching you with her breaks my heart and I can't watch it anymore, knowing that you could never like a stupid loser like me." I say, tears leaking out of the corner of my eyes. "And knowing that Julie is better than I will ever be really hurts." I ramble on. I'm interrupted by a pair of soft lips pressing against mine. They taste sweet, almost like mango. We pull away. "You taste like mango." I chuckle. He chuckles back.

"Reggie, I like you too." He tells me. "What made you think I like Julie?"

"You have this way of looking at her, a way you have never looked at anyone else. A type of chemistry I just can't grasp." I shake my head. "The way you guys act, the way you are always protecting her. It's like you two are dating." He shakes his head.

"Reggie, I don't think of Julie as anything but a little sister. You will always be the one my heart is set on. And you aren't a stupid loser. You are an adorable, loveable dork. My adorable, loveable dork." He kisses me again. I smile and lean into the kiss this time. "I'm never going to let you go Reggie. I was too scared to tell you how I felt that I almost lost you once. I won't make that mistake twice." I smile and lean my head on his shoulder.

"I won't ever let you go either Luke. You mean the world to me."

Hey, guys. I hope you liked that. That was my first time doing one like that so I hope you liked it and hopefully that's what you were looking for. Please comment and vote and send in requests! Or just a ship you would like to see or something. I need a few ideas. Dm or comment your requests. Thank you so much for your support on this book! It means so much to me! I hope you gushave a great day/night/whatever time lf day it is for you! Until next time!
-Emily♥