Why Him?

This is another one shot based off of a question you guys asked me. The question was: "who is your least favourite character in jatp?"

Thank you livyxphqntoms for asking! I hope you enjoy!

Note:Luke is Julie's twin brother and y/n is her sister. They know Caleb but not because he tried to destroy their souls. He is just a person at school who knows what he wants and will take it (meaning he is their age.)

Warning: Mentions of Jick so if you don't ship Jick (because I know I don't) then brace yourself. But please don't be afraid to keep reading♥ Enjoy!

JULIE'S POV

I pull on a simple black dress, my combat boots and a necklace my mom bought me years ago. As I am standing in front of the mirror, I hear a knock on my bedroom door.

"Jules, can you help me with my-where are you going?" My twin brother Luke asks, walking into my room, arms full of work books.

"I'm going on a date. What did you want help with?" I reply.

"Doesn't matter anymore." He says, tossing his books onto my bed and flopping on to my bed beside them. "Tell me the details. Who are you going out with? Where are you going? Does dad know?"

"Calm down there." I chuckle, sitting on the bed next to him. "I'm going out for dinner and a movie with Nick and yes, dad knows."

"Ew! You're going out with Nick? Why him? Why not Reggie or Charlie? Or Owen? He is a great guy!" He scrunches up his nose.

"Who's a great guy?" My sister y/n asks, walking into my room.

"Owen." Luke tells her and she smiles.

"Oh yeah, he's a great guy! Really nice!" She looks at me. "Are you going on a date with him?" She sits down on the chair at my desk.

"No, I'm going out with Nick." I say, preparing myself for the look of disgust, followed by the There are so many better guys out there than him speech. Sure enough, it comes.

"Seriously Jules? You know he only wants to be with you because of your popularity right? You had a crush on him for years and he never paid any attention to you but as soon as you became popular, he wated to be with you."

"I know. But he's sweet and really kind and-"

"And he's always in the way and messing things up for you. Remember the school dance when Luke and the boys forgot to show up for the gig? He really ruined your reputation and just got in the way."

"But...he didn't mean to. He just-"

"Jules, there are so many other guys out there!"

"Yeah Jules," Luke pipes in. "Everybody will want to be with you but you have to choose who will really make you happy."

"That's all I'm saying. The two of us just want you to be happy. And we only want what's best for you. But just know, that we support you no matter what."

"Yeah." Luke smiles, pulling me in for a hug on the bed. I smile. "So if you want to go on that date, go on that date! And have all the fun you can because you deserve it."

"Thanks guys." I smile. "I love you guys."

"I love you too." Luke and y/n say synchronously. We hear a car horn and I smile at them before checking my reflection and heading downstairs.

Y/N'S POV

I sit on Julie's bed with Luke, watching her go downstairs to go on her date with Nick. Once she is out of sight, I sit back and sigh.

"She's not going to have a great time, is she?" I ask Luke. He shakes his head.

"I doubt it. That guy just messes everything up." He smiles. "I like what you said about Nick messing everything up. He's a lot worse than Caleb in that sense. At least Caleb knows what he wants when he goes after it. Nick has no idea what he wants."

"He just wants to be popular." I shake my head. " And you're right. At least Caleb does know what he wants. I don't mean to sound rude but Nick sort of reminds me of a little kid, you know?"

"Yeah I know. It's because he follows people around like a lost puppy."

"Yeah, and while he looks for his owner, he gets in the way of everything else. Like a dog that causes a huge collision in the street by running out onto it."

"Exactly. I'm so glad we agree on that. I thought I was just mean for thinking that." He chuckles.

"Honestly, I thought I was mean for thinking it too." I laugh. I look around. "Should we get out of Julie's room?"

"Yeah, good idea! She might kill us if she finds us still in here. You know, with her boundaries and such." He says, making air quotes around the word boundaries, making me laugh.

"Yeah, let's go get some ice cream."

"Good idea! Mint chocolate?" He asks.

"You know it!" I reply, draping my arm over his shoulders.

Hey guys, I hope you liked it! Let me know in the comments if you know who my least favourite character is! I wasn't totally sure what to do with this one so I did my best. Please let me know what you think! We just went back to online learning here so the past couple of days have been really boring. I am so sick of Covid! I wish it would jut go away already. Oh! I also started reading the Divergent series! It is so good! I'm still onl about halfway through the first book but it is so good so far, I can't get enough of it! Anyone else read it? Also, have any of you seen or read the book "Pride and Prejudice"? It's so good! I would definitely recommend it! Please comment and let me know what you thought in the comments and leave your requests in the comments or dm me them. I hope you all stay safe! Have a great day/night/whatever time of day it is for you! See you in the next chapter!
-Emily♥