Chapter: 16

Everyone stayed at my house for a couple more days because they didn't want me to be alone. Thank god for my friends, I don't know what'd I do without them. Peyton drove Aj and Kayla home so they could get clothes and she grabbed some herself. They practically live at my house now. I'm not complaining though, I really like their company. It's Tuesday again and we're supposed to be in school. I'm not going.

"WAKE UP. WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" Peyton yells. Okay, maybe I am going. Aj groans and buries his head in my shoulder. Kayla throws a pillow at Peyton and plops back down in her spot. Looks like I'm not the only one that doesn't want to go. I sit up in my bed and check the time. 6:45 in the morning. School doesn't start until 8. Peyton's insane.

"Pey, we still have time" Kayla says, standing up. She stretches and looks over at Peyton. Peyton blushes and looks away. Hm she says I'm whipped, look at her. I roll my eyes and get out of bed, leaving Aj to sleep a little bit longer. I get some comfortable clothes and go to take a quick shower. Kayla and Peyton talk a little more as they pick out their clothes.

Peyton is next in the shower which leaves me with Kayla. I look over at her and she looks up at me.

"What?" She asks.

I shrug and pull on my shirt along with my hoodie.

"It's obvious that Peyton likes you" I start off. Kayla nods and picks out an outfit that's similar to mine. A hoodie and ripped jeans. I look at her questioningly and this time she shrugs.

"Don't question it" she says, now laughing. I smile and hop up on my bed.

"It's obvious that Aj likes you too" she continues, as she closes her bag. I tilt my head to the side and think about what she said for a moment. Maybe I'm oblivious and haven't noticed. I always thought Aj wouldn't like someone like me. You know, broken and all that stuff. Maybe I'm wrong. We'll have to see.

"You should tell him" Kayla suggests. My eyes widen as I look back at her.

"No way."

"I'll tell Peyton if you tell Aj" she tries to negotiate.

"Why can't they tell us?" I whine, sounding like a girl. Plus,  I thought Aj knew already. Kayla laughs and shrugs her shoulders.

"How are we going to get them to tell us? We couldn't even get them to admit that they ate the last slices of pizza last night even though it was obvious."

That's true.

"We need a plan" I tell her as I get off my bed and stand by her side.

"Okay genius, what's the plan?" She asks.

"I said we need a plan, not I'll come up with a plan. You have to come up with one, you're better at these things" I say frantically. Kayla shakes her head while laughing. What? I'm bad at these things. I'm not megamind. I cross my arms, acting childish. Don't ask me why, I have no idea.

"Really?" Kayla asks. I don't answer and stay quiet. She pokes my face and stomach before giving up.

"Fineeee" she says. I smile and uncross my arms. I didn't think that would actually work.

"You're such a baby" she comments. I nod and smile widely.

"I know."

We hear a coughing noise and turn our heads to see Peyton standing at the door. She's fully dressed and it looks like she did her hair too. That was kind of fast. Oh well, better for me I guess. I don't have to wait hours like I thought I would. Kayla gathers her clothes and toothbrush before heading into the bathroom. When the door closes, Peyton looks at me and walks over. She looks kind of upset.

"What's up, Peyton?"

"What were you and Kayla talking about?"

"Nothing..why?" I ask, confused.

"I heard her call you baby.." she trails off. What? I don't remember her calling me that... oh, She means when Kayla said that I act like a baby. She must've misheard the conversation.

"She didn't-" I pause in the middle of my sentence and think for a second.

"It's a joke between us. It's nothing serious, and I'm gay remember?" Peyton nods slowly and smiles.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to sound upset or rude." I tell her it's okay and we move on to a different topic. While Peyton was looking for her bracelet, I texted Kayla hoping she took her phone with her.

Me: I have a plan :)

After about 20 minutes, I got a response and Aj finally woke up.

K: what is it? and why the smile, creep

Out of our friend group, Kayla's the one that'll call you a creep for sending a smiley face. I roll my eyes and text her back quickly.

Me: Peyton got all jelly earlier cause she thought you called me baby. weird right? anyway I think we should make them jealous

I'm a genius right?

K: how are we going to do that?

Isn't it obvious? I'm in the middle of texting her the plan when Peyton looks over my shoulder.

"She's in the bathroom, why are you texting her?" She asks, sounding jealous again. Is it illegal to text my friends when they're in the next room? I don't think so. I don't say this to Peyton and instead put my phone away.

"You're totally right" I tell her before walking over to the bathroom. I knock two times to signal I'm about to come in and just walk in. Peyton stares at me wide eyed and Aj is still half asleep to know what's going on. I close the door behind me and Kayla is sitting on my sink counter, fully dressed. She's doing her hair while her phone is in her lap.

"Hey babe" I say, cheekily. Kayla looks up from her phone and tilts her head to the side. She thinks for a moment before speaking up.

"No way...that's the plan?" I nod, proud of myself and Kayla jumps down from her spot on the counter.

"You're an idiot" is the first thing she says, making me pout.

"Although, it's a stupid plan we can give it a shot" she says, tying her hair into a ponytail. I smile again and clap my hands like a little kid. Okay, I have to stop this. She puts her phone in her pocket and opens the door. She goes out first and I follow behind her. Peyton is talking to Aj and they both look over in our direction. Instead of just Peyton looking upset, both of them did.

"This is going to be a very long day" Kayla whispers to me. I nod my head slowly and throw my arm over her shoulder.

"It'll be interesting too."