Chapter: 7

The answer is no. Life can't get any better. Aj, Peyton and I all went to the park as planned and we had a great time. We took Peyton home and then I took Aj home. Then it was time for me to go home. My brother wasn't on my mind at all. For a small moment I forgot he even existed. Just a small one.

I climbed through my window, not wanting to face my brother, but there he was in all his glory. Sitting on my bed with a sinister smile. I never knew real fear until that moment. I was frozen in my spot too scared to move an inch.

"You like to disobey me little brother" he says slowly. Disobey him? What was I, a dog?

"Sorry" I mumble.

"Where were you? I come to your room to find your window open and your skateboard gone."

"Yeah I rode my skateboard to school. What's wrong with that?" Shut up Blake, you've been talking too much today. Being the quiet kid doesn't seem so bad now.

"What's wrong with that? You must've forgotten the rules in this house." Pffft rules. I didn't hear about any rules. He's making stuff up at this point.

Fast forwarding, let's just say I got tossed around more than usual. I had more bruises on my back, I had a black eye and I feel like all of my ribs are broken. Obviously that's not the cause, only half of them are broken. Going to the hospital was an option but not my only option. I took a hot shower and laid awake in my bed all night. Morning soon came and I dress in a white hoodie along with my black joggers. I put on my black vans and skip out on brushing my hair. After brushing my teeth I grab my skateboard and again leave out of my window.

Looks like I'll never learn my lesson Greg. I wince as I drop down from my roof and get onto my skateboard. The pain only increases as I make my way to school. Avoiding Aj and Peyton isn't even a question. They'll catch up with me with sooner or later.

"Blake!" Speak of my friends. I don't turn around and pick up my skateboard as I reach the school entrance. Im not going to run away, they're my friends after all. They reach me and link their arms with mine. My face is hidden by my hood so they can't see my black eye and busted lip.

"What's with the hood pretty boy?" Peyton asks.

"No reason" I simply say and lead them into the school. Dropping my skateboard off at the office, the principal glances at me and quickly looks away. Yeah I don't want to look at you either. Not after yesterday.

"Mr. Ollison your hood needs to be off."

Why? Who came up with that?

"Okay" I mumble but make no move to take off my hood.

"It needs to be off now."

I sigh and take off my hoodie, my face now visible. The principal turns away from me as I do, so she doesn't see my face but what about Peyton and Aj? It's not like they can suddenly go blind.

"Can we go now? We have detention to get to" Peyton complains. I nod and turn around with my head down. They don't question it and we walk to detention together. Once in the room I head to a far back desk and put my head in my arms. My face shouldn't be seen like this. Especially in school.

"What's wrong?" Aj asks which I ignore.

"You've been quiet since we've seen you. What's up with that?" Peyton says right after. I shrug not wanting to answer. She pokes my side making me smack her hand. She pokes my side hard and I push her away gently. Poking me in my side again I pop up and push her away again.

"Fuck off Peyton! I'm not in the mood to talk and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop poking me."

Peyton gasps at the sight of my face and so does Aj. Hm, so much for hiding it.

"What happened?" Peyton asks, reaching up to touch my face. I move her hand away and sit back in my seat. Aj comes over to me and tries to do the same thing Peyton did. I move his hand away too but he doesn't give up.

"Did your brother do this to you?" I nod and sigh again.

"He didn't like the fact that I went through my window and walked to school with you. Plus the fact that I stayed out really late yesterday."

"Your brother? Why would he care?" Peyton questions. I ignore her and put my hood back on. Now isn't the time to explain everything to her. Maybe Aj can do it for me, but knowing him, he'd want me to tell her myself. Not in a bad way. Aj sits next to me but says nothing.

The silence is even worse than my brother screaming my head off.

"Does it still hurt?" He asks, touching my face gently. Who knew friends were so touchy. My past "friends" barely acknowledged me.

"No" I lie.

"I can get ice from the teachers lounge" Peyton suggests. I shake my head at the suggestion and keep quiet. I don't want her getting in even more trouble.

"Let's leave" Aj suggests after. I never thought I'd hear those words escape pass his lips. That's ditching and I thought he was the golden boy. Guess I was wrong.

"I have no objections to that" Peyton says to break the short moment of silence.

"Mm, I'm fine with that. Let's go" I stand up and Peyton links her arm with mine and Aj puts his arm around my waist. I put my arm around him and we go to the office to get my skateboard. Aj picks it up for me and takes it outside of the building. The principal is nowhere to be seen so it was quite easy. Peyton lets go of my arm and Aj gives me my board.

"Do you need help?"

"I'm not disabled" I say, annoyed. They're my friends alright but it's not like I got my arms and legs chopped off.

"Sorry" Peyton apologizes. I nod and skate slowly. Aj walks by my side not saying a word.

"You okay?" I ask him.

"I should be asking you that" he laughs and I nod, grinning slightly.

"I'm fine. This is normal."

"It shouldn't be" Peyton chimes in. I smile at her knowing that she cares and apologize for my rudeness earlier.

"Well tell that to my dear brother" my sarcastic remark isn't a surprise at this point. Aj and Peyton laugh it off but the smile on my face soon disappears. My brother Greg is here. Why? I don't know. Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

"Come with me. Now" he grits out.

"Who the hell is he? Who's he talking to?" Peyton says, never meeting my brother until now.

"That is my asshole of a brother" I say, the smile on my face now fake.

"Hm. What a hottie."

I glare at her.

"What? The girl behind him is seriously cute."

"Disgusting" my brother mumbles making Peyton glare at him. Don't worry, I feel that way too.

"He still has school" Aj interferes making me look at him funny. Why do they talk to him? Seriously.

"See you later guys. I have to go" I tell them. They have a look of disapproval but what can they do? Nothing.

They wave and Greg pulls me away. Gripping my arm harder than usual. Great, I'll be dead by tonight.

I haven't even done anything yet.