Chapter: 4

*Short chapter*
A wet cloth is placed on my head as I regain consciousness. The cloth didn't magically appear and I don't think Greg suddenly became the sedimental type. I slowly open my eyes to see Aj leaning over me. I didn't think he'd still be here. My body still feels weak, but I reach up anyway and grab his wrist. He kept taking the cloth on and off my forehead. Weren't they usually used for fevers anyway?

Aj finally noticing that I'm awake, takes the cloth off once more. I close my eyes, the light hurting them as Aj speaks up.

"Are you okay?"

"You're an idiot" I mumble lowly. That's the first thing I say? Wow, having friends is not meant for me.

"Is that how you thank someone who's been taking care of you for the past three hours?" He asks me. I smile slightly and let my arm drop to my side.

"Taking care of me as in putting a rag on my forehead for three hours?" He blushes and punches my shoulder.

"Shut up. I didn't know what else to do, I figured you didn't want me to call the cops."

"Yeah, thanks for that. I've been to the hospital one too many times" I tell him in all honestly. He looks at me with pity making me sit up. It takes me longer than usual. Ignoring the pain, my back is firmly pressed against a pillow. Guess that helps.

"Don't look at me like that" I whisper. Talking any louder than this just somehow makes it too real.

"Like what?"

"Like you pity me. I'm fine, it's just a few more bruises that I can handle."

"But-"

"I can handle it" I repeat. "This is nothing compared to the past things that he's done." There it is again. That look. A look of pity. Sighing, I close my eyes and see nothing but darkness. That weirdly explains my entire life. It's nothing but darkness.

"Do you want me to go?" No. I didn't.

"You probably should. I don't know where my brother is but he could be back soon and this time we might not be so lucky."

Aj nods and gets up from my bed. He looks unsure as if he didn't want to leave me alone. Hm, he is a good friend. Not that I've had friends in the past. I can just tell. He goes to leave but I grab his sleeve. I smile as he turns around and slowly speak.

"Thank you..for you know. Checking up on me even if you did it in a stalker-ish way and also for taking care of me as you put it." Aj smiles back and shrugs.

"What are friends for? I'll see you tomorrow, bye Blake." Tomorrow? What's tomorrow? How will he see me? My questions were left unanswered as I groan and go back into a peaceful sleep.