Chapter: 14

I stand there nervously, playing with my hair and looking down. Seven minutes in heaven is a game that I've never played before. Of course that is a secret. It's embarrassing if you think about it. Everyone I know has played before and then there's me. What if she thinks I'm lame because of it?

"Peyton you're talking to yourself" she says, yanking me out of my thoughts. By she I mean Kayla. We got paired together and have been standing here for maybe 3 minutes. Yeah, I've been stalling for that long. I look up, a faint blush on my face and laugh nervously.

"Sorry.." I trail off.

"It's fine" she tells me before stepping closer. I back away slightly making her stop.

"I can tell that you haven't played this before and I'm not going to kiss you or anything."

She knows? I didn't think it was that obvious. Or maybe it is, I have been stalling for a little while and haven't spoken to her since we got in here.

"You don't think I'm boring?"

Kayla shakes her head while smiling.

"Of course not. Why would I think you're boring just because you haven't played a game?" She asks me. When she says those words it makes me feel embarrassed. She's absolutely right, I was worrying for nothing. Kayla steps closer to me and messes up my hair. I look at her confusedly to see that she's messing up her hair too.

"Blake doesn't think you're bold enough to do anything" she starts off. "We can always trick him, I'm sure he'll believe it just by looking at us" she finishes off while smirking. That's actually a good idea. The alarm on Aj's phone goes off and I can hear them walking closer. Thinking in the moment, I pull Kayla to me and kiss her as the closet door opens.

"I didn't think they were going to do anything" Blake says, surprised.

"You owe me ten dollars" Aj says right after.

Kayla pulls away and looks at them before looking at me. I blush and hide my face in her shoulder. Great, now everyone is looking at me. Fuck them for making me act so shy. I look up after a moment to see Aj and Blake messing with each other as Kayla and I walk out of the closet. I sit down first and Kayla jumps on me.

Blake sees this and jumps on Aj making him smack his head.

"Ow, why'd you smack me" he fake whines.

"You're heavy" he retaliates.

"But you like me so you'll have to deal with it when you become my boyfriend" Blake boldly says. Aj blushes and I turn my attention back to Kayla. She's staring at the ceiling seemingly in thought.

"What are you thinking about?" I ask her. She looks at me and smiles softly.

"It's a secret" she says. I roll my eyes playfully and look back at the other two as they speak up.

"This is the best gay club" Aj speaks up.

"Definitely" Kayla says.

"Probably one of the only gay clubs" Blake says laughing.

"But one of the best" I finish off.

We all stare at each other quietly before breaking into laughter. This day just keeps getting better and better. Hopefully it'll continue like this.