Chapter: 3

I'm officially exhausted. My body just wants to drop dead. Or in my bed, either one works for me. I make it back home and burst through the door, not even thinking about my older brother. As of right now, he can drop dead and die in a hole. I hurriedly throw my shoes off and tear off my shirt.  Leaving it all by the door, I sprint up to my room and jump in my bed.

The house is way too silent. Greg must've left out of anger, or he's probably looking for me. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad he's not here. The silence is probably something I'll never get again. Not after the stunt I pulled today. Speaking of silence, it was interrupted by multiple taps sounding on my window. Sitting up on my bed, rocks continued to bounce off my window. Surprisingly it didn't leave a crack of any sorts.

Who the fucks at my window? Better yet my house. I'm literally friendless and I don't think Greg would be the type to throw rocks before beating the shit out of me. Now getting curious, I walk over to my window to see the guy from the park. What's he doing here? Why is he throwing rocks? I open my window as another rock comes flying towards me. Moving away quickly, the rock hits my wall. Thank god for fast reflexes.

"Sorry" he apologizes before stepping closer. "Can I come in? It's still freezing out here."

"Why are you here Aj?" I ask him, not moving away from the window.

"Do you think I could answer that inside?"

Sighing, I nod and close the window so no more cold air could get in. Aj walks away and I assume he's going to the front door. Taking my time getting to the door, loud knocking is heard. I get it, I get it. Picking up my pace, I get to the front door and open it. Aj immediately passes me and walks in without a word. He blows on his hands and rubs them together. The weather must've dropped.

He sees my shirt on the floor along with my shoes and his attention goes to my arms. Fuck, fuck, fuck. I immediately turn around to hide them, forgetting about the scars and bruises on my backside. Aj gasps and goes to touch my long scars. I let him run his his fingers down my back, not bothering to fight anymore. What's seen is seen. No point in hiding it now.

"Who's doing this to you? Where's your parents? Are they the ones doing this to you?" He questions me. I don't answer him and instead go back to my room, Aj following close behind. My room was still slightly destroyed from pushing stuff off my desk, but it wasn't much. Aj doesn't mention it as we sit on my bed.

"My parents are dead. They died a long time ago, I'm left with my older brother. His names Greg."

"He hurts you like this?"

"No, I'm just clumsy and fall on my ass every five seconds" I sarcastically remark. It's rude of me when he's genuinely worried, but it's my way of coping. Hopefully he doesn't mind.

"Why do you care anyway?" I continue.

"We're friends aren't we? Caring about you is part of the package."

We're friends? I thought I messed my chances up when I ran away from him earlier. I seem to be doing that a lot nowadays. Running away from people and my problems. Maybe he just pities me, yeah that has to be it. Who really wants to be friends with me? A social outcast who gets beaten by his brother. Aj and I hear a door slam and he looks at me confusedly. It has to be Greg. I know it.

I jump up quickly and pull Aj up by his arm. It's too risky to make him jump out of my window, so I push him in my fairly large closet. He grabs onto my arm, silently asking me what's wrong and I mouth 'my brother's here'. He seems to understand and shuts the door to my closet. I try to pick up the stuff from my floor and put it back on my desk neatly. Im halfway done when Greg barges in looking angry as ever. My eyes widen in fear and instantly I back away from him. I know where this is going to go.

"Where were you? You don't run away from me or this house! If I say you can't leave, then you listen!" He yells, yanking my hair. I cry out in pain making Greg punch me in the face.

"Shut up! You good for nothing trash! Or I'll make you" he seethes, terrifying me even more. I shouldn't have run away. I don't regret it, but my body is saying otherwise. From the corner of my eye, Aj pops up in my closet and has a phone recording the whole ordeal. What is he thinking? Does he want Greg to see him? He'll get hurt too. It's Greg for fuck sake. I shake my head at him but he still doesn't move. My attention is back at Greg as he continues to throw punches and kicks at me.

I'm already exhausted and so is my body. My vision gets blurry and I feel dizzy. I try to keep conscious because I know Aj is still here. He'd get hurt if Greg found him. All because of me. That thought doesn't last long as Greg sends a kick to my head making me black out instantly.

Everything after that is a blur. A huge one.