Chapter: 6

Our principal...is making out...with a office pillow. I mean she went the full 9 yards. The pillow had a jacket wrapped around it and had a face drawn on it. I don't think we were meant to see this. Especially since said principal had her blouse unbuttoned. Why didn't she lock the door?!

"You're innocent eyes shouldn't be seeing this" I mumble to Aj, wrapping my arm around his shoulder and covering his eyes. He smacks my arm away but I just put it back. At that time a girl walks in and gasps loudly.

"What the-"

"Duck" Aj and I say simultaneously. The girl looks over at us as the the principal realizes we were here. I don't know why she's so surprised. Students come here all the time. She tries to quickly fix her blouse, but honestly what's the point? We've seen everything there is to see. The principal clears her throat and throws the pillow behind her. Too late for that now too. I feel bad for that pillow.

"How much did you see?" She asks shyly.

"All of it" the three of us say.

"Keep this between us? You can skip school for a week." She pleads.

"No way! This is too funny to keep to myself" I say out loud. The principal sends a sharp glare my way but I keep going.

"Fine. You three now have detention for a month straight. No complaints. Starting now" she says furiously. Why is she so mad? Who does that in a school office? That gets no privacy I might add.

Well here we are. In detention. For the first time ever. Aj keeps glaring at me while the girl from earlier just stares at me.

"What?" I finally ask.

"This is your fault" Aj says upset.

"I like your emerald eyes" the girl says.

"Thanks?" I say awkwardly. To me, my eyes are nothing special.

"My names Peyton. You are?"

"Blake. That's Aj" motioning to him, he waves slightly before laying his head back on the desk. I put my desk next to his and lay my head down so I'm looking at him. He stares at me and I sigh.

"Sorry for getting you in trouble" I mumble.

"Are you still coming to the park with me and getting me ice cream?"

"Yes."

"Then it's okay" he whispers softly. I was about to say something until the girl- I mean Peyton interrupts us.

"Can I come with?"

"Ye-"

"No" Aj cuts me off. Peyton scoffs and looks at me.

"Why not?" I shrug my shoulders. Why is she asking me? It's not like I said no.

"Please? I don't want to go home after this. My sister hosts big, boring parties every single day. I'm going to go crazy one of these days."

I look at Aj and he sighs before nodding.

"You can come."

"Really? Thanks! Maybe I'll meet some cute girls on the way."

"You're lesbian?"

"You're not?"

"I'm a guy" I chuckle.

"Are you gay?"

"I like guys" Aj's head pops up at that. Is it that surprising?

"Do you like girls?"