Chapter: 15

The rest of the day is chill as my friends and I play more games and make lame jokes. It's honestly one of the best days of my life and that's not over exaggerating. Trust me. It can get even better though. A sly smile forms on my face as I jump on my bed, landing on all of my friends.

"Ow!"

"Watch it idiot!"

"Why am I always getting jumped on?"

I roll my eyes and get off of them while fixing my hair.

"I have an idea" I tell them. Simultaneously they all look up at me with a monotone face expression. Why are they all looking at me like that? It's getting weird. Really weird. They continue to stare at me as I stare back.

"What?" I ask.

"You.." Kayla starts off.

"Have an..." Peyton trails off after.

"Idea?" AJ finishes. Come on I come up with pretty good ideas. Sometimes I do. I think. My friends seriously doubt me. I must be dumb or something.

"Yeah I do. Now listen up" I say, still staring at them. Sitting up, they give me their full attention making me smile. Finally.

"We should go to the school-"

"What for?"

"Why would we do that?"

"I'm actually okay with that."

I shush them by throwing a pillow their way and also my phone. Don't ask me why I threw it, it just ended up in my hand and then not in my hand. My phone hits Aj making me smile sheepishly.

"Okay guys listen we should go back to the school and give that pillow a proper funeral."

Peyton smiles at the idea and sits up in her spot. She's on my side, great. Kayls shrugs and sits up after her. Now she's on my side too. We all look at Aj making him sigh and nod his head. Perfect. Plan, going to school and giving a pillow a funeral is in motion.

"Okay, lets go. I call shotgun" Kayla speaks up, pulling on her shoes and jacket. Peyton zips up her jacket and they go out to her car. My phone is still on the bed as Aj puts my hoodie back on and ties his shoes. He waits for me by the door as I get my phone and coat.

We head to Peyton's car to see her and Kayla staring at each other in a kinda cute way. I wonder when they'll get together. I wonder when Aj and I will get together. Hopefully soon. I get into the car first and Aj gets in after me. The sun is starting to go down, so we'll have to be fast and maybe Aj and the others can stay at mines for the night.

"Are you guys doing anything tonight?" I ask, during the bumpy car ride. Kayla shakes her head and so does Peyton. I look at Aj and he shakes his head too. I nod and look away from the car window.

"Do you guys want to stay at mine for the night?"

"Beats staying with my brother" Kayla speaks up.

"Yeah and my sister" Peyton chimes in.

"I like hanging out with you guys so it's a yes from me" Aj finishes.

"Okay Simon with the yes" Peyton says, referring to America's Got Talent. Aj shakes his head, laughing making the rest of us smile. We soon arrive at our school and get out quickly. I link my arm with Aj's and Peyton grabs onto Kayla's hand. Our doors have a code to unlock the door and luckily I knew it. I saw a teacher do it once and it just stuck with me.

I punch in the code and the door makes a buzzing noise before it clicks open. I hold open one of the doors as everyone files in. The halls are quiet, a little to quiet. Maybe the custodians left early or something. Peyton heads to the principals house, everyone following behind her. Kayla jiggles the door knob to find that the room is unlocked. Today is our lucky day.

We all walk in and immediately get to work. I grab the pillow and Peyton grabs a blanket that was draped over a chair. Aj gets a piece of paper and Kayla gets rose petals that sat on the principals desk. The pillow is now on the ground and Peyton puts the blanket over it. Aj wrote 'Rip office pillow' and put it on top of the blanket. Kayla throws the flower petals around it and puts a picture of the principal on the side.

Getting an idea, I grab a sticky note and write 'She did it' before sticking it on her picture frame. Everyone snickers and leaves the office in a hurry. We hear low whistling and look at each other with a small smile on our faces. I don't know why we didn't head towards the exit, instead we go to the detention room. To our luck, the door is open and we get in quickly before shutting the door behind us.

The shades are pulled up and I can clearly see that it's now dark outside. Damn, we have to get out of here. How did we get out last time?

"Guys the window is unlocked" Kayla whisper shouts and we all look over at her. Right, the window. She climbs out of the window and jumps out, Peyton following her. Kayla catches her and I soon go. Aj is the last one and he hesitates before jumping out. I catch him and set him down as we all run back to Peyton's car.

Breathless, we all get into her car and put our seatbelts on as Peyton starts the car. Once away from the school we stare at each other and start to laugh. That was risky but it was definitely worth it. Peyton looks at us through the window and says,

"Who's down to rob a bank?"

Okay now I just think she's crazy but she's part of our friend group and you gotta love her. Aj raises his hand and so does Kayla. Okay maybe all of my friends are crazy. Seeing this I raise my hand and we all laugh some more. We didn't go rob a bank but we went to a supermarket and picked up some snacks before heading back to my place. The rest of the night was just as fun.