Chapter: 18

It's been a week and I bet everyone is grounded. I haven't been to school in a whole week, all my work has been sent to me. Looks like I'm suspended. My mom was nice enough to let me have my phone and computer but I'm not allowed outside of the house and I can't watch tv. That sounds like a pretty good deal to me but I'll act like it's affecting me. It's also a good thing that the group made a group chat before this whole thing happened.

We're all texting in it right now, even though I'm sure we're supposed to be doing homework or something.

Me: anyone else grounded for a week?
Kayla: a week? im grounded 4 life
Blake: haha sucks for you guys. my bro never showed up he still isnt here :)
Kayla: creep
Blake: shut up

Even when we're not together, things are still the same. I'm glad for that. Speaking of I'm not too fond of confrontation so doing what I'm about to do over the phone seems like the best bet.

Me: soooooo
Blake: soooooo?
Kayla: soooooo....
Me: whats goin on between u two
Kayla: wdym? (What do you mean)
Blake: the only thing between us is a paper wall
Kayla: it should be a brick 🧱 wall
Blake: :(
Kayla: :)
Blake: creep
Kayla: shut up
Me: oh... I was just wondering cause pey said that she heard you calling Blake baby and you two were really close together...
Kayla: I like Peyton. Blake is WHIPPED for u. I wouldn't steal your mans and he's ugly anyway :D
Blake: you're one to talk Oprah
Kayla: STOP CALLING ME OPRAH
Blake: whatever you say.....oprah

I smile and ask them if they wanted to hang out. We're all grounded but who said that sneaking out isn't a thing? We all agree to meet up at a park and Peyton finally joined the conversation saying that she'll come too. Maybe I'll make the first move and will ask Blake to be my boyfriend. We haven't been on an official date yet, but that'll change soon. Hopefully. I showered already but had on bunmy clothes so I changed.

I put on dark blue, skinny jeans with a white tshirt and Blake's hoodie. To match, I wore my black doc martins. This is cute enough. I didn't have a car like Peyton or a skateboard like Blake so I'll have to go on foot. Luckily the park is nearby. When I get there, I see Kayla laying on the wide slide and looking up at the clear sky.

"Hey, how'd you get here so fast?" I ask.

"Hm" she hums while sitting up to see me.

"Oh hey. I actually live close by so I jogged here . Told my mom that I was taking out the dog but I accidentally left the dog."

I snort making her smile and sit beside her.

"Yeah accidentally" I say sarcastically.

"What about you? What was your excuse?"

"Told her that my friend was bringing me a school packet and I was going to study with them" I say, thinking I'm a genius.

"That's the oldest lie in the book...niceee" she says, high fiving me. We talk more when I see Blake riding on his skateboard. He had on black joggers and a thin white hoodie matched with his white Nike's. I get up and run over to him making him stop in his tracks.

"It's about time oldie" I say, a smirk on my face.

"Is that how you talk to your boyfriend?" He asks. I gape at him making him now smirk.

"I-what?" He picks up his skateboard and walks over to Kayla giving her a fist bump. I can hear him asking where Peyton is but she just shrugs. Yeah where is Peyton? She's the one with the car. Maybe she got it taken away because of what happened. I guess we'll know soon.

"Hey! You ignored me" I splutter out, while walking over to them. Blake turns around and leans against a pole that held up the slide.

"What are you talking about babe?"

"BABE?!"

"Do you prefer princess?" I grimace at the name and shake my head. God no.

"Okay then, it's settled. Babe it is."

"Why are you calling me babe and you called me boyfriend."

Blake nods slowly and looks down at me.

"Well aren't you?"

"W-we never made it official" fuck my sudden stutter.

"Ohh, right" he says before setting his skateboard down and getting on one knee.

"Ohhhh my gaybie about to get married" Kayla jokes. I roll my eyes at her comment but still end up smiling.

"Aj...will you do me the good honors...of being me adorable boyfriend?"

"Yes."

He gets up and gives me a kiss on the cheek and hugs me. I stand on my tippy toes and hug him back.

"So looks I'm the only single bisexual here" Kayla says, while climbing the slide to sit at the top.

"Peyton should be here soon."

As I say those words we see Peyton's car pulling in and park in an empty spot. She quickly gets out and runs over to us.

"Sorry I'm late. I had to take my sister a few places before I could come here" she explains.

"It's all good" Blake says, now holding my hand instead of hugging me so we could both see Peyton.

"They got married!" Kayla yells from the top.

Peyton turns around and sees Kayla at the top of the slide and soon joins her. They sit next to each other and Kayla tells Peyton what happened in the short period of time that we've been here. Blake and I lay at the bottom of the slide as they talk.

"I thought you were going to say no" he admits.

"Why would you think that?"

He shrugs and turns his head to face me.

"I don't know. I just did."

"Well it's a good thing that I didn't" I say, our hands still entangled. We hear Peyton squeal and turn around quickly. What the...

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Kayla asked me to be her girlfriend!"

"I missed it!" Blake complains. Kayla laughs and nods. He pouts making me shake my head at the childish behavior but I still smile.

"Well what did you say?" Really blake?

"I said no of course. I can't focus on a relationship right now."

Blake and I's face deadpan, silently asking 'are you serious?'

"Nahh just kidding. I said yes dummies."

"We need to celebrate our proposals" Blake speaks up. We all laugh at his statement but agree nonetheless. We decided to go to Blake's house ,since his brother still isn't here. I don't know where he could be, but as long as he isn't hurting Blake it doesn't matter.

Once at Blake's house, everyone raced up to his room and jumped on his bed. We joke around and dance stupidly to music. If someone were looking at us right now, you'd think we were in one of those cliche movies. Hm maybe we are. We may be grounded still, but this moment feels unreal. I take a look at my friends and my boyfriend and smile widely.

They smile back and we continue to dance and play games and all the other stuff that we usually do. I glance at Blake to see him already looking at me. I smile even wider if possible and tackle him into a hug. He kisses my forehead and whispers into my ear.

Blake's pov.

"Life does get better. It did for me."