Chapter: 8

Greg is still holding onto me even though we're in the car and I can't go anywhere. Why I'm even in the car is still unknown to me. He never picks me up and going home early was never a thing. I stayed at school until the very end just so I can avoid my brother. Even though me and my friends planned on skipping today, it still counts.

"Who were those kids?" He asks me, tightening his grip. Kids? Really.

"They're my friends."

"Friends? Do they know about your situation?" My situation? I really want to punch him into the street and run him over.

"You mean do they know that you beat me until I pass out? Unfortunately they do" I tell the truth. Wether I lie or tell the truth, it won't change anything. Greg glares at me making me shrug at him. Don't do it and they won't know. Simple as that big brother. Looking up I see that we're at home and Greg finally lets go of my arm.

My skateboard stays in the backseat of his car as I get out and walk towards the front door. Greg walks right in and I follow in after him. Once I'm in he slams the door and pushes me against it. He holds me against the door, not allowing me to move.

"Don't kiss me now. This isn't Alabama and even if it was I'm not attracted to you, sorry" I spit out, as he glares at me. It's all he does. He glares at me forever until he decides to hit me.

"Is that how you talk to your older brother?" He asks lowly, his voice dripping with venom. I roll my eyes in his face and shrug slightly.

"I don't know, I don't have an older brother."

Greg pulls me forward then slams me back against the door. What's he trying to do? Break my back? Dislocate a shoulder? Remove my spine? I wince at the pain and that seems to satisfy my brother.

"Apologize and I might let you go. I'm not in the mood to beat your ass today."

"Oh really? That's surprising, I thought you liked to beat my ass everyday" I reply with my usual sarcastic remark. Greg yanks me away from the door yet again and pushes me onto the floor. He kicks me multiple times and gets a few punches in. When I think it's over, he comes back over to me with a belt that has metal spikes on it. Classic. He gives me no time to defend myself and hits me over and over again. Avoiding my face is smart but he relentlessly attacks my body.

I lay bloody on my floor and slip in and out of consciousness. Greg sees me slipping away and slaps my face to try and awaken me.

"I'm not done yet. You need to be awake for the whole thing little brother. Or else" he threatens. My eyes open slowly and he smirks sadistically. He slams the belt down onto my bare skin a few more times and finally drops the belt.

"You said something about this not being Alabama and not being attracted to me?" He asks more to himself than me. I feel his rough hands touch my leg and panic. No, no, no. This can't happen. His hand travels up but my body is too weak to move it away or even run. Not even weak, I'm just in shock. Suddenly we hear knocking on the door and I let out a breath that I didn't even know I was holding.

"Is it one of your little friends?" He asks me making me shrug. He grunts and stands up before throwing me my shirt that had gotten taken off in the process.

"Go to your room and clean up" as the words escape his mouth I sprint to my room and close the door as fast as I can. Dropping to my floor I put my head in my legs and yell as loud as I can which is muffled. Why does this have to be my life? Why does this have to be anyone's life? I never want to complain too much because I know that some people have it worse than me. Way worse. Still, I just want to escape this life and escape this world.

I get up and walk over to my dresser. Opening the bottom drawer, I glance at what's inside. Promising myself months ago that this would stay in here forever. That I would never use this again. My hands shake as I pick it up and sit against my wall. Tears threatened to come out but I wouldn't let them. I hold out my right arm and hold my razor blade in the other hand.

The cold blade touches my skin and at that moment Aj walks in. Through my room door. How the fuck did he even get in? Aj looks around and gasps when he sees me bruised and bloody. He walks over to me and sits on the floor at my side.

"He did all of this to you?" He whispers, touching my face. I don't know why, that's the only part of me that isn't hurt. I just nod, avoiding eye contact with him. The blade is still in my hand but not for long as Aj takes it away from me and throws it somewhere else in the room. He scoots closer to me but my eyes stay trained on the floor.

"That isn't the way to deal with it. Please never cut, don't let him get to you in that way" he pleads making me look up at him with starry eyes.

"It's the only way I can deal. I don't know what else to do" I tell him in all honesty.

"Come to me. I'll always be here for you, Blake. I promise."

My eyes continue to water and Aj pulls me to him, hugging me tightly. I hug him back finally letting the tears fall. I hug him tighter, not wanting him to go. Not wanting him to leave me. Leave me like everyone else did.

"What about my brother? Did he let you in?" I ask softly and through sniffles.

"Yeah, he asked me if I knew about your situation and I lied, saying no. He left after that and said to tell you that he won't be back until tomorrow."

I sigh in relief and more tears fall. Aj doesn't ask about what what happened which I'm grateful for and we stay in that position for a little while longer.