steve rogers

imagine that you've been sent to kill Steve and him trying to bring the 'you' that he knows back

- ↺ -

Rogers' shield had fallen through the glass floor after he had dropped it, claiming that he won't fight you. The ship around you is falling to pieces, but your mission doesn't end until he dies.

"Your name is Y/n M/n L/n."
"Shut up!"
"I'm not gonna fight you. You're my friend."

The claim takes over your thoughts.

"I will kill you."
"Y/n, please! This isn't you!"
"You don't know me!"
"But I do."

You lunge at the blonde, your metal arm connecting with his nose and eventually he is beaten to the ground crumbling beneath you both.

"You're my mission!"

He won't fight back. It confounds you as you punch him over and over. You falter, you don't know why. WHY WON'T HE FIGHT!

"Then finish it."

Your fists hangs in the air, fear creeps up in you.

"Because I'm with you to the end of the line."

Recognition fills your eyes, as his eyelids flutter. You do know him... as another part of the ship falls, crashing though the glass around you and he falls. You barely hang onto a bit of the framework watching him. His frame hits the water beneath and soon his body disappears under the lake.

The last thing Steve sees as he passes out is a hand reaching for him...

- ↺ -

You drag him to the bank, watching him carefully. Your h/c hair sticks to your face, blood seeping back out of your wounds.
You carefully drop the super soldier and stand beside him long enough to see his chest rise and fall with a breath before walking away.

( total word count : 293 words )