tony stark

...

You roll your e/c eyes as another stupid comment comes rolling off of his tongue. At this point in time annoying you has to be one of his favorite hobbies.

Tony and you had first met when you became Pepper's assistant back in 2008, after Tony had given her more power inside the Stark Industries company. ( You had been assigned by SHIELD to watch over the supposedly dying Stark and make sure no attempts on Miss. Potts life were made ). Only after spending so much time with Tony, you had realized one thing very surprisingly - he was attracted to you. You weren't sure whether to take the newfound attraction as a compliment or not, because as far as you've heard, he's slept with every woman he meets.

Before the 'Birthday Party Fiasco' Tony had even made a move as though he was going to kiss you, but he didn't. Not even twenty-four hours later, Tony had watched you saunter into the donut shop becoming a 'fake friend' in his book. Still as you were making a call, already back at the Expo grounds after that terrible event, standing outside one of the building's doors when bits of drones lying around you had begun the telltale beeping of a bomb preparing to go off. You had done the rational thing and started running towards the small area close by not condensed with the rapidly beeping robotic bodies. You hadn't expected to be swept up into the air by a pair of damaged metal arms and you screamed as you flew up, the bombs going off below. Tony had landed the two of you on a roof close by, you having scanned the small roof-space around the two of you and found it empty, you panted looking at him. You had definitely screamed at him a 'bit' before a helicopter appeared, unmarked and the only sign it had been for you was the eye-patch wearing man throwing down the ladder. Tony still remembers how awkward the moment had been as you left, and he hadn't seen you since...

Tony glances over y/n's way for the hundredth time that minute - you had rolled your eyes again! He had begun taking a tally in his mind of how much he could annoy you, starting shortly after he first met you. Tony had also tried to change, despite you having not noticed. Tony hadn't slept with anyone since he met you, he had started drinking less, dove into his work harder, and he did everything he could to get your smile out of his head to no avail. And now you were here, right in front of him.

He still manages to cringe over the horribly sad attempt he had made to kiss you those few years ago, ending up stumbling awkwardly to the ground instead of stepping back and blushing like a normal being. You had been, well, you in the instance, placing that smile on your perfect lips and helping him up with the muscles he hadn't known were from fighting.

From across the lab station on the helicarrier you grin at Tony, alone together seeing as Banner had disappeared for the moment. Stepping over beside him cautiously to look at the screen and decipher what the incredibly long words floating across the screen meant. Tony carefully reaching an arm around your waist and you feel yourself turn closer into his chest. He's not much taller than you, but your head still has to tilt upward to see the cocky smirk painted across his lips. He drops it in a split-second and dips his head just the slightest to align perfectly with your features, just so he can kiss the lips of the only person he can't stop thinking about.

Bruce obviously took that moment where Tony's lips had just barely even brushed your's to come back into the room. Suddenly, Tony was standing in front of the screen with his empty arms held up weirdly with you walking quickly out of the lab. Throwing a glance back towards Tony as you left, a bright crimson colour covering every inch of your cheeks. But as your eyes left the his, your heart began to beat in your chest a fast paced pattern of a want so deep it would swallow oceans.

( total word count : 729 words )